RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problems with scandinavian characters

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problems with scandinavian characters Markus Hakonen 16 Dec 01:32
  Problems with scandinavian characters Carl-Johan Sveningsson 16 Dec 01:37
Markus Hakonen
2002-12-16 01:32:36 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi!

I just installed RedHat 8.0 and got gimp 1.2.3 with it. My system is configured to use US english but keyboard is set to fi latin 1. If I use gimp text tool and I type characters ö and ä they looks weird like AsAö (not exact like that but I couldn't found those weird characters). I have redhat 7.3 with same gimp version but it works fine. Couple of font types works fine f.e console font.

I tried to change keyboard and locale setting without any difference.

Does anyone know what could help?

Br. Markus

Carl-Johan Sveningsson
2002-12-16 01:37:33 UTC (over 21 years ago)

This is surely due to RH's UTF8-integration. I'm just sitting with the same itches, if someone can tell me how to handle this design-choice and still interact with the rest of the world, I'd be very grateful.

/CJ

On 16 Dec 2002, Markus Hakonen wrote:

Hi!

I just installed RedHat 8.0 and got gimp 1.2.3 with it. My system is configured to use US english but keyboard is set to fi latin 1. If I use gimp text tool and I type characters ö and ä they looks weird like AsAö (not exact like that but I couldn't found those weird characters). I have redhat 7.3 with same gimp version but it works fine. Couple of font types works fine f.e console font.

I tried to change keyboard and locale setting without any difference.

Does anyone know what could help?

Br. Markus