RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Default Image Size Problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Default Image Size Problem Joseph A Nagy Jr 11 Dec 08:12
  Default Image Size Problem Rory Grant 11 Dec 21:33
   Default Image Size Problem Joseph A Nagy Jr 12 Dec 05:10
Joseph A Nagy Jr
2002-12-11 08:12:17 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I've set my default image size for 468x60 as I plan on creating mostly banners. Instead of the new image dialog box being set at 468x60, it pretty much randomizes what it's set at. One time it was 550x77, the next time it was 770xXX (I forget the exact dimensions). Whats going on here? Why won't GIMP take my settings for the default image size?

Rory Grant
2002-12-11 21:33:12 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Do you have a selection in the clipboard when you create the new image? If so, the GIMP uses the selection size for a new image by default. There may be a way to alter this, but in 1.2.3, it is not in the preferences menu. As a workaround, you could try creating the image before you cut/copy something to paste into it, but then how does one clear the clipboard buffer? I don't really know.

Maybe this will get you started though...

HTH

RoryG

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 20:12, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote: I've set my default image size for 468x60 as I plan on creating mostly banners. Instead of the new image dialog box being set at 468x60, it pretty much randomizes what it's set at. One time it was 550x77, the next time it was 770xXX (I forget the exact dimensions). Whats going on here? Why won't GIMP take my settings for the default image size?

Joseph A Nagy Jr
2002-12-12 05:10:09 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 14:33, Rory Grant wrote:

Do you have a selection in the clipboard when you create the new image? If so, the GIMP uses the selection size for a new image by default. There may be a way to alter this, but in 1.2.3, it is not in the preferences menu. As a workaround, you could try creating the image before you cut/copy something to paste into it, but then how does one clear the clipboard buffer? I don't really know.

Maybe this will get you started though...

HTH

RoryG

Actually, in 1.2.3 (which I compiled from source) I am able to define the default image size for new images. I have nothing in the clip board that I know of (nothing more then an odd bit of text, anyways) when I ask to create a new image. I rather like being able to define the default size for new images. I usually don't cut/copy/paste my images, either.

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 20:12, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote: I've set my default image size for 468x60 as I plan on creating mostly banners. Instead of the new image dialog box being set at 468x60, it pretty much randomizes what it's set at. One time it was 550x77, the next time it was 770xXX (I forget the exact dimensions). Whats going on here? Why won't GIMP take my settings for the default image size?