RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

FireAnim.scm on Gimp 1.2.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

FireAnim.scm on Gimp 1.2.3 Joseph A Nagy Jr 27 Nov 19:27
  FireAnim.scm on Gimp 1.2.3 Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 27 Nov 19:52
FireAnim.scm on Gimp 1.2.3 Joseph A Nagy Jr 02 Dec 21:08
FireAnim.scm on Gimp 1.2.3 Joseph A Nagy Jr 02 Dec 22:30
Joseph A Nagy Jr
2002-11-27 19:27:08 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Okay. I have a default install of Gimp 1.2.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2

I downloaded the FireAnim.scm and fireanim-gradient from http://vidar.gimp.org/gimp/ and it doesn't work. It will go through the process of doing all the edits to the image and produce and finish without any error (at least any that pop up a dialog box). The only problem is the final product isn't animated or even changed in any way! I tried to use this in Gimp 1.2.4 on my parents WinXP box and I have the same problem. It will go through the motions of creating the animated image, but the final image is just an exact duplicate of the first. The only difference is there are now several layers set for animation.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2002-11-27 19:52:33 UTC (over 21 years ago)

pagan_prince@bigfire-hsv.org (2002-11-27 at 1227.08 -0600):

and I have the same problem. It will go through the motions of creating the animated image, but the final image is just an exact duplicate of the first. The only difference is there are now several layers set for animation.

The layers are the images of the anim. Movies are image after image, Gimp uses layers as "grouping tool". You have to save as GIF and follow the dialogs it will present (anim or merge, iirc), then web browsers will play the anim (if configured to do so). You can also use / Filters / Anim / Animate to playback (you can try it in any image with layers, it can be fun).

GSR

Joseph A Nagy Jr
2002-12-02 21:08:46 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

Okay. I have a default install of Gimp 1.2.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2

I downloaded the FireAnim.scm and fireanim-gradient from http://vidar.gimp.org/gimp/ and it doesn't work. It will go through the process of doing all the edits to the image and produce and finish
without any error (at least any that pop up a dialog box). The only problem is the final product
isn't animated or even changed in any way! I tried to use this in Gimp 1.2.4 on my parents WinXP box
and I have the same problem. It will go through the motions of creating the animated image, but the
final image is just an exact duplicate of the first. The only difference is there are now several
layers set for animation.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I discovered what my problem was. I am using Dynamic Text to create the text string, then merging it with the image, then trying to do the fire animation. You can't do that. You have to leave the Gdyn Text layer, then apply the fire animation to that.

Joseph A Nagy Jr
2002-12-02 22:30:41 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Mr. Jon Smith,

Your domain has rejected my e-mail.

Stupidly I deleted the e-mail, but I did recieve a 503 rejeted (return path of pagan_prince@bigfire-hsv.org rejected).