RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Drawing with gimp...manga tutorial

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Drawing with gimp...manga tutorial Jason End 25 Nov 13:13
  Drawing with gimp...manga tutorial Thomi Richards 26 Nov 04:59
Jason End
2002-11-25 13:13:59 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Some months ago I read a tutorial for the gimp that showed you how to draw a manga girl. Well, in reality it showed how to trace her and then apply light effects and color. The girl was blond, wearing a white shirt I believe.
What was most interesting about the tutorial was that it used a setting to smoothen lines as you draw, avoiding the steps effect.
Could someone point me to this tutorial and/or explain how to draw smooth lines with the gimp.

Many thanks,

Jay

___

Thomi Richards
2002-11-26 04:59:45 UTC (over 21 years ago)

ummm.. theres always the gradient brushes for the GIMP...

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 04:13:59 -0800 (PST) Thus said Jason End :

Some months ago I read a tutorial for the gimp that showed you how to draw a manga girl. Well, in reality it showed how to trace her and then apply light effects and color. The girl was blond, wearing a white shirt I believe.
What was most interesting about the tutorial was that it used a setting to smoothen lines as you draw, avoiding the steps effect.
Could someone point me to this tutorial and/or explain how to draw smooth lines with the gimp.

Many thanks,

Jay

__________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus _ Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user