RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp&tablet - weird problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp&tablet - weird problems Felis Silvestris 14 Nov 17:47
Felis Silvestris
2002-11-14 17:47:07 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Gimp&tablet - weird problems

Hi.
After installing Mandrake9.0, editing xfree86config-4 and doing some other things I realised that something with my tablet is terribly wrong. It appears to be software problem. Gimp - 1.2.3 In previous Mandrake8.2 it worked fine.Now, when I move the pen OVER tablet's surface, image becomes slighty fuzzy in that place. NOTE: on 300% zoom everything is ok ! That's weird.

When using ink tool, once pen is pressed and released, it still leaves very thin line. It ends when I press the pen again. Zooming in doesn't help.

3: the pen often gets stuck on current GIMP window - image, main window etc. This one is particulary interesting, because I can use tablet instead of mouse for other programs, and everything is ok.

4: after pressing CTRL-K and moving pen over surface, it gradually reveals cleared image.

I'm pretty sure I installed tablet properly . GIMP recognizes both stylus and eraser, pressure sensivitity works fine...

Do you have any idea what can cause those problems ? Should I recompile GIMP with certain functions, options, plugins (whatever) ? I've never done this before.

Greetings,
Dante