RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

looking for VueScan (aka ImageScan!)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

looking for VueScan (aka ImageScan!) Michael J. Hammel 10 Oct 05:17
  looking for VueScan (aka ImageScan!) Roland Roberts 10 Oct 19:29
Michael J. Hammel
2002-10-10 05:17:41 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I'm looking for a new scanner (my Astra 1200S no longer seems to work now that I'm using a power supply that doesn't appear to be the one it came with). I've heard good things about ImageScan, but they don't have it available anymore and it's not clear when they might.

Does anyone have a copy of this program I can have? And do you know what scanners it supports that are currently available off the shelf? Does anyone have any recommendations for off the shelf scanners (re: ones you can actually buy today at the local Best Buy or Frys) that work with SANE?

Roland Roberts
2002-10-10 19:29:16 UTC (over 21 years ago)

"Michael" == Michael J Hammel writes:

Michael> Does anyone have a copy of this program I can have? And Michael> do you know what scanners it supports that are currently Michael> available off the shelf? Does anyone have any Michael> recommendations for off the shelf scanners (re: ones you Michael> can actually buy today at the local Best Buy or Frys) Michael> that work with SANE?

VueScan is here:

http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

The cost is USD$40. The interface is nice for some purposes, but for most of my work, I find the command-line "scanimage" works just as well. Still, $40 is cheap enough that I don't feel too bad about having bought it.

roland