RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

epson perfection scanner 2450

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

epson perfection scanner 2450 Mogens Jæger 25 Dec 00:45
epson perfection scanner 2450 Gracia M. Littauer 25 Sep 22:28
  epson perfection scanner 2450 Patrick 25 Sep 23:13
  epson perfection scanner 2450 Roland Roberts 26 Sep 01:49
   epson perfection scanner 2450 Patrick 26 Sep 02:02
    epson perfection scanner 2450 Roland Roberts 26 Sep 13:16
epson perfection scanner 2450 Mogens Jæger 26 Sep 03:58
  epson perfection scanner 2450 Roland Roberts 26 Sep 13:17
Mogens Jæger
1999-12-25 00:45:05 UTC (over 24 years ago)

Roland Roberts wrote:

"Mogens" == Mogens Jæger writes:

Mogens> When I am using it directly it runs just great. I have Mogens> been trying with the Xsane (version of Suse 8.0) but the Mogens> 2450 is not in there, so I tryed with another - as far as Mogens> I remember the 1690 - and it resulted in a 'dead' Mogens> TPU. Epson is luckily very generous, so a got a new one Mogens> instead. No one will say/admit that a 'wrong' driver can Mogens> harm the light unit.

I'm confused, does iscan work with the 2450 or not?

Yes it does

And it was the 1690 that died on you?

No, the 2450 died when I used the Xsane, with it using the driver for the 1690, because the version of Xsane that comes with Suse 8.0 does not support the 2450

mogens

Gracia M. Littauer
2002-09-25 22:28:44 UTC (over 21 years ago)

anyone using it? on a linux box?

Patrick
2002-09-25 23:13:09 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16:28, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:

Epson 2450 scanner?
anyone using it? on a linux box?

For those wanting to check on supported scanners before purchasing one to use on your Linux machine, go to this site: http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html

Epson is probably the best to use overall, except for the 1250 model. It shows the 2450 well supported except for the firewire connection. USB should work fine though. I too would like to hear someone's experience with the above scanner though.

Patrick

Roland Roberts
2002-09-26 01:49:29 UTC (over 21 years ago)

"gml" == Gracia M Littauer writes:

gml> anyone using it? on a linux box?

I use it; it works fine with the USB connection, but not at all with the FireWire connection. I typically use scanimage, but xsane, xscanimage, and vuescan all work fine with it.

roland

Patrick
2002-09-26 02:02:43 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 19:49, Roland Roberts wrote:

I use it; it works fine with the USB connection, but not at all with the FireWire connection. I typically use scanimage, but xsane, xscanimage, and vuescan all work fine with it.

roland

===================
Roland,
Have you gotten IScan from Epson for using the 2450 yet? It is the same thing or better that is over on Windows. Epson supplies it for free and I use it for most of my scanning with my Perfection 1650 Photo. It is very nice. Here is the url if you are interested, there may even be a new version out now.

http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/index_e.html

I just checked the site though and it is down right now due to compliance with the GPL. I am sure they will have it going again soon, but in the meantime, if anyone wants or needs the program, I have the last version they distributed and would be happy to upload to you.

Patrick

Mogens Jæger
2002-09-26 03:58:33 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Patrick wrote:

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 19:49, Roland Roberts wrote:

roland

===================
Roland,
Have you gotten IScan from Epson for using the 2450 yet? It is the same thing or better that is over on Windows. Epson supplies it for free and I use it for most of my scanning with my Perfection 1650 Photo. It is very nice. Here is the url if you are interested, there may even be a new version out now.

http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/index_e.html

I just checked the site though and it is down right now due to compliance with the GPL. I am sure they will have it going again soon, but in the meantime, if anyone wants or needs the program, I have the last version they distributed and would be happy to upload to you.

Patrick

Hello.

I have one too, and have had some problems with it. I am using it on a Suse 8.0 Pro, and my version of Iscan is iscan-1.4.0-2.i386.rpm.
When I am using it from the acquire/scanning(iscan) menu in the Gimp, every things seem to work, but all I get is a blank=empty image. When I am using it directly it runs just great. I have been trying with the Xsane (version of Suse 8.0) but the 2450 is not in there, so I tryed with another - as far as I remember the 1690 - and it resulted in a 'dead' TPU. Epson is luckily very generous, so a got a new one instead. No one will say/admit that a 'wrong' driver can harm the light unit.

Mogens Jæger

Roland Roberts
2002-09-26 13:16:26 UTC (over 21 years ago)

"Patrick" == Patrick writes:

Patrick> Have you gotten IScan from Epson for using the 2450 yet?

Haven't tried it. The primary thing I am interested in is getting raw scans out with no post scan adjustments. I can tolerate analog adjustments made inside the scanner, but none of the software I have used makes it clear where the adjustments are made. scanimage is raw, vuescan has a raw mode. Everything else is, well, I don't know.

I'll have to have a look at iscan.

roland

Roland Roberts
2002-09-26 13:17:35 UTC (over 21 years ago)

"Mogens" == Mogens Jæger writes:

Mogens> When I am using it directly it runs just great. I have Mogens> been trying with the Xsane (version of Suse 8.0) but the Mogens> 2450 is not in there, so I tryed with another - as far as Mogens> I remember the 1690 - and it resulted in a 'dead' Mogens> TPU. Epson is luckily very generous, so a got a new one Mogens> instead. No one will say/admit that a 'wrong' driver can Mogens> harm the light unit.

I'm confused, does iscan work with the 2450 or not?

And it was the 1690 that died on you?

roland