RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Color Manager plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Color Manager plugin Will Muir 23 Sep 21:28
Will Muir
2002-09-23 21:28:01 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Gimp Color Manager plugin

I would like to be able to manage images with embedded .icc profiles in them. I downloaded the gimp color manager plug-in and tried to compile it, with it failing because of a bunch of undefined reference errors. I have lcms installed on a Debian Woody install with Gimp 1.2.3. If any one could help me with this it would be appreciated.

Even if I do get this to compile, is it going to be a complete color management solution? The plug-in appears to be a very alpha stage project with little work being done on it for a couple of years. To me this is a make or break issue for me and the Gimp. If I can not come up with a color management solution, even if I have to use resource other then the Gimp I will have to get PhotoShop Elements and run Windows which would be a major loss in usability for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Will

Hitch your wagon to a star. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hitch your wagon to a star. Ralph Waldo Emerson