RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

embroidery plg-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

embroidery plg-in  Ricardo Artur Staroski 13 Sep 04:09
embroidery plg-in Mike Vincent 13 Sep 09:33
 Ricardo Artur Staroski
2002-09-13 04:09:53 UTC (over 21 years ago)

embroidery plg-in

Is there any plugin to generate images (bytecodes) for embroidery machinary?
Thank you very much for your attention...

Ricardo.

Mike Vincent
2002-09-13 09:33:46 UTC (over 21 years ago)

embroidery plg-in

That is highly unlikely to happen. First, Gimp manipulates raster graphics, a vector based application would be more suited to the task of creating an embroidery design. The file formats are pretty highly guarded, too. If you search around you can dig up some people's works on breaking down some of them. I use to have ambitions of writing my own software to create designs, but it proved a much more enourmous task than I initially gave it credit for. But even still, making an embroidery design is only one part of the trick. =) Making an embroidery design that sews well and looks good is a craft in of itself. I use software that was written specificly for this task, and it is by no means an automated process.

believe this topic has come up before. For what it's worth Jens Ch. Restemeier wrote a small app in java to read a small handful of formats and you can find that at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/3340/eview.html.