RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Looking for a flourescent filter...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New version of kaleidoscope plugin Kelly Martin 01 Sep 07:02
  Looking for a flourescent filter... Bruce Burden 02 Sep 03:06
Looking for a flourescent filter... Kelly Martin 02 Sep 03:47
Kelly Martin
2002-09-01 07:02:29 UTC (over 21 years ago)

New version of kaleidoscope plugin

I've finally gotten around to updating my Kaleidoscope plugin. The new version has far less unintuitive sliders for position adjustment (the old one was difficult to figure out) and has a wraparound function now. Also, at least some fenceposting has been remedied and the default slider settings are more sensible.

The source code has been uploaded to the registry at http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=366. Code should work with 1.2. Minor adjustments are probably required for 1.3.

I give my permission for this plugin to be included in distributions. The code is GPL.

Kelly

Bruce Burden
2002-09-02 03:06:33 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi folks,

Can somebody quickly guide me to a flourescent filter? I have a bunch of jpg's that were shot under flourescent light, and they are very green. I'd like to apply a filter to get the color balance back to something more "normal".

Thank you, Bruce

Kelly Martin
2002-09-02 03:47:29 UTC (over 21 years ago)

You can probably get the effect you want with the color balance tool (Images/Colors/Color Balance). Just select "midtones" and pull the green/magenta slider toward magenta until the color looks right. You might also have to adjust on shadows or highlights and/or change one of the other two sliders, until the colors look right.

Kelly ----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 8:06 PM Subject: [Gimp-user] Looking for a flourescent filter...

Hi folks,

Can somebody quickly guide me to a flourescent filter? I have a bunch of jpg's that were shot under flourescent light, and they are very green. I'd like to apply a filter to get the color balance back to something more "normal".

Thank you, Bruce