RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question) joel grimes 31 Aug 18:13
20020831190103.8AEB51F086@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question) Denis McCauley 31 Aug 22:44
20020901190101.936A71F0BF@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question) Denis McCauley 02 Sep 00:14
joel grimes
2002-08-31 18:13:01 UTC (over 21 years ago)

How do I draw a simple dashed line? I can see that by setting the interval for my brush I can make a dotted line, but none of the brushes produce dashes.

Denis McCauley
2002-08-31 22:44:41 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi Joel
In the brush selection dialog select "new" and you'll get a box showing a basic brush and 4 sliders.
For your dashed line leave the radius at 10, set hardness to 1 (to give the brush hard edges), set the
angle to whatever you want (0=horizontal, 90=vertical), and put the width/height ration to the max.
Overwrite "untitled" with whathever name you want then close the editor. The brush will be in the brush selection dialog. Set the interval you want and go.
Cheers
Denis McCauley
http://ata-tenui.ifrance.com

To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:13:01 -0700 Subject: [Gimp-user] Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question)

How do I draw a simple dashed line? I can see that by setting the interval for my brush I can make a dotted line, but none of the brushes produce dashes.

Denis McCauley
2002-09-02 00:14:22 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Just a precision on my previous post: to change the length of your dash, play on the radius value, but keep it under 20 or you won't get a straight line (over 20 it will thicken in the middle) Cheers
Denis McCauley

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:44:41 -1000 To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu From: Denis McCauley
Subject: [Gimp-user] Re: Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question)

Hi Joel In the brush selection dialog select "new" and you'll get a box showing a basic brush and 4 sliders.
For your dashed line leave the radius at 10, set hardness to 1 (to give the brush hard edges), set the
angle to whatever you want (0=horizontal, 90=vertical), and put the width/height ration to the max.
Overwrite "untitled" with whathever name you want then close the editor. The brush will be in the brush selection dialog. Set the interval you want and go.
Cheers
Denis McCauley

To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:13:01 -0700 Subject: [Gimp-user] Drawing Dashed Lines (new user question)