RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Freetype plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Freetype plug-in Joe 30 Aug 22:45
20020830210317.GA14722@igor... 07 Oct 20:15
  Freetype plug-in Joe 30 Aug 23:21
   Freetype plug-in Carol Spears 02 Sep 17:44
Joe
2002-08-30 22:45:49 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Freetype plug-in

Hey,

Okay, I've installed the freetype plug-in for Gimp (1.2.3). And it shows up in the plugin details list...

But how do I use it? Nothing seems to have changed. What does this plug-in do? Is it something I can access?

I was told this was a good plug-in for text, but I'm not seeing any way to use it, and certainly no instructions. :-/

Can someone explain exactly how to put this plug-in to use?

While I'm at it, I'm noticing none of my True-type fonts are showing up at all in the text tool. And I've got quite a few installed. I'm running KDE 3.1beta and the TT fonts are available in KDE programs as well as OpenOffice. Is there something I need to do to get them accessible in a GTK program? I have Gnome2 installed, but never use it.

Thanks, Joe

Joe
2002-08-30 23:21:50 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Freetype plug-in

On Friday 30 August 2002 23.03, jjbenham@chicagoguitar.com wrote:

I select filter__>>render-->Freetype.

Select font. tyep text in box.
Move rendered output where you want it to be on the image. It creates a seperate layer for each render.

Aha, there it is! Freetype is the only plug-in I've installed that doesn't come with the SuSE Gimp package. Man, that thing hides well. ;-)

And now I have access to my TT fonts as well. Wooo-hooo!

Thanks, Joe

Carol Spears
2002-09-02 17:44:57 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Freetype plug-in

sarge and sid debian users beware:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=150678&repeatmerged=yes

sorry for the bad news.

carol

On 2002-08-30 at 2321.50 +0200, Joe typed this:

On Friday 30 August 2002 23.03, jjbenham@chicagoguitar.com wrote:

I select filter__>>render-->Freetype.

Select font. tyep text in box.
Move rendered output where you want it to be on the image. It creates a seperate layer for each render.

Aha, there it is! Freetype is the only plug-in I've installed that doesn't come with the SuSE Gimp package. Man, that thing hides well. ;-)

And now I have access to my TT fonts as well. Wooo-hooo!

Thanks, Joe