RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

text bleeding problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

text bleeding problem A.J. Limberry 16 Aug 03:58
text bleeding problem Walker, Sam 16 Aug 14:21
  text bleeding problem Jacob Meuser 16 Aug 18:32
A.J. Limberry
2002-08-16 03:58:36 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text bleeding problem

When using the text tool, creating an image with the gimp...the image looks fine on the screen; however when I print the image there appears to be a bleeding around the actual image. Has anyone had this problem and if so do you know any solutions to correcting it. Thanks AJ

Walker, Sam
2002-08-16 14:21:42 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text bleeding problem

It would help to provide a link to the actual picture.

Maybe it has to do with the format the image was saved in. Depending on what the colors are, jpeg compression can cause anomalies that could be described as bleeding of the image. But these are usually visible on a monitor too.
Other compression algorithms could do the same.

You could try...saving in a non-compressing format (but start with the original, once compressed it can't be undone) and try printing again.

Regards, Sam

-----Original Message----- From: A.J. Limberry [mailto:ajlimberry@shorelinuxsolutions.com] Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 8:59 PM To: gimp-user
Subject: [Gimp-user] text bleeding problem

When using the text tool, creating an image with the gimp...the image looks fine on the screen; however when I print the image there appears to be a bleeding around the actual image. Has anyone had this problem and if so do you know any solutions to correcting it. Thanks AJ

Jacob Meuser
2002-08-16 18:32:46 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text bleeding problem

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 07:21:42AM -0500, Walker, Sam wrote:

It would help to provide a link to the actual picture.

And perhaps a copy of the generated PostScript file (print to file).

-----Original Message-----
From: A.J. Limberry [mailto:ajlimberry@shorelinuxsolutions.com] Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 8:59 PM To: gimp-user
Subject: [Gimp-user] text bleeding problem

Don't forget that gimp-print project is mostly separate from the gimp project (they do more than produce the gimp's print plugin), and they have their own mailing list. I would imagine they would be interested in print output that differs from screen output.

The gimp-print web site is: http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/

The gimp-print mailing list is: gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net