RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp plugin info

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp plugin info Thomi Richards 01 Aug 14:21
  gimp plugin info Joel 06 Aug 00:32
Thomi Richards
2002-08-01 14:21:36 UTC (over 21 years ago)

gimp plugin info

hmm... did anyone get this?? seems this list is pretty dead, right??

----------------------------------------------------------------

hey there!!

im developing an open source game, and i need a fairly simple plugin. i can script in python, but not very well, and i have NO idea about whatever the default gimp scripts are created in..

anyway, the problem is that we need to add shadows to several sprites. teh shadows are simply every second pixel coloured in black, and the next row offset by one, so it looks like black diagonal lines. The sprites are in 256 color bitmap form. the plugin should look at the image, ask the user to place the base of the image, the direction, and the length of the shadow.when the user clicks "go", the plugin then takes the pixels above the base point, and draws a shadow going in the correct direction, for the correct distance. It should also take into account what the image above the baseline looks like as well.

as i said before, i have no idea about gimp scripting, but i can reward the person who comes up with the best script, by: 1.- placing your name in the game credits (due to come out in about 1 years time).
2.- placing your name on the website, with a link to your homepage, if you have one.

so yeah, if anyone can do something like this, please let me know, this would speed up development considerably.

thanks.

Joel
2002-08-06 00:32:01 UTC (over 21 years ago)

gimp plugin info

On Thursday 01 August 2002 02:21 am, Thomi Richards wrote:

hmm... did anyone get this?? seems this list is pretty dead, right??

It's dead at the moment, though it was pretty lively through mid-July. I'm assuming everyone is off doing summer vacation stuff or something.

im developing an open source game, and i need a fairly simple plugin. i can script in python, but not very well, and i have NO idea about whatever the default gimp scripts are created in..

Gimp scripts, by default, are in Scheme. Personally, I like Python a lot better, so I installed James Henstridge's PyGimp package (http://www.daa.com.au/~james/pygimp/), which makes it possible to write Gimp scripts in Python.

anyway, the problem is that we need to add shadows to several sprites. teh shadows are simply every second pixel coloured in black, and the next row offset by one, so it looks like black diagonal lines. The sprites are in 256 color bitmap form. the plugin should look at the image, ask the user to place the base of the image, the direction, and the length of the shadow.when the user clicks "go", the plugin then takes the pixels above the base point, and draws a shadow going in the correct direction, for the correct distance. It should also take into account what the image above the baseline looks like as well.

I'm a little bit fuzzy on what these things are supposed to look like. Do you have any examples of a sprite with and without a shadow? (even a scanned napkin-drawing?)

--Joel