RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Colour Picker question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Colour Picker question Steve Crane 20 Jul 22:15
  Colour Picker question Nigel Ridley 21 Jul 05:24
   Colour Picker question Steve Crane 21 Jul 23:26
    Colour Picker question Nigel Ridley 22 Jul 05:17
Steve Crane
2002-07-20 22:15:25 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Colour Picker question

Hi,

The GIMP colour picker is great but is only able to pick colours from images open in GIMP. I am looking for a tool that can pick a colour from anywhere on the screen. There are plenty available for Windows but I have yet to find one for Linux.

At present I can do this with the fairly cumbersome process of acquiring the entire screen into GIMP, picking the colour and closing the acquired image. Rather cumbersome.

I wonder if it would be possible for the GIMP colour picker to be extended to allow picking colours from outside GIMP at some stage.

Thanks.

Nigel Ridley
2002-07-21 05:24:26 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Colour Picker question

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:15:25 +0200 Steve Crane wrote:

Hi,

The GIMP colour picker is great but is only able to pick colours from images open in GIMP. I am looking for a tool that can pick a colour from anywhere on the screen. There are plenty available for Windows but I have yet to find one for Linux.

At present I can do this with the fairly cumbersome process of acquiring the entire screen into GIMP, picking the colour and closing the acquired image. Rather cumbersome.

I wonder if it would be possible for the GIMP colour picker to be extended to allow picking colours from outside GIMP at some stage.

Thanks.

Steve Crane
2002-07-21 23:26:02 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Colour Picker question

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 06:24:26AM +0300, Nigel Ridley wrote:

What Distro are you using?
Using KDE under Mandrake 8.2 (other distros are probably similar) click on *K* (left in the Panel) then Multimedia > Graphics > Color Chooser. Click on the *Dropper*, click on your target color - away you go...............

I am using SuSE 7.2 but I don't use KDE. It is installed though so if I know the name of a specific KDE program I can run it. You wouldn't happen to know what the name of that color chooser program is, would you?

Thanks.

Nigel Ridley
2002-07-22 05:17:02 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Colour Picker question

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:26:02 +0200 Steve Crane wrote:

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 06:24:26AM +0300, Nigel Ridley wrote:

What Distro are you using?
Using KDE under Mandrake 8.2 (other distros are probably similar) click on*K* (left in the Panel) then Multimedia > Graphics > Color Chooser. Click on the *Dropper*, click on your target color - away you go...............

I am using SuSE 7.2 but I don't use KDE. It is installed though so if I know the name of a specific KDE program I can run it. You wouldn't happen to know what the name of that color chooser program is, would you?

Thanks.