RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Create characters

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Create characters Stéphane Mancini 28 Jun 12:03
  Create characters Joel 28 Jun 20:12
Stéphane Mancini
2002-06-28 12:03:55 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Create characters

Hi,
I would like to create character bitmap from script-fu logos (using a single character)
and the zapf dingbats font.
But I need to use character codes out my keyborad range and this for several characters.
Please, could someone tell me how to do or give me a small script (perl ??).
I don't really understand how all this script stuff works. Any idea ?

Thanks

Stephane

Joel
2002-06-28 20:12:25 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Create characters

On Friday 28 June 2002 12:03 am, Stéphane Mancini wrote:

Hi,
I would like to create character bitmap from script-fu logos (using a single character)
and the zapf dingbats font.
But I need to use character codes out my keyborad range and this for several characters.
Please, could someone tell me how to do or give me a small script (perl ??).
I don't really understand how all this script stuff works. Any idea ?

Thanks

Stephane

I'm a little bit puzzled. Are you looking for a script that will automatically insert some characters, based on some other user input? Or are you looking for something you can use to interactively insert the characters you want?

If the former, you'd specify the number of the character you want, combine it in a string with the other characters, then tell the gimp to render it. I'm not sure what it would look like in Perl, but in Python it'd might look something like this:

mystr = '' for i in [72,235,108,108,242]:
mystr = mystr+chr(i)

textLayer = pdb.gimp_text_fontname(img, layer, x, y, mystr, -1, TRUE, fontSize, fontType, font)

If the latter, look for either kcharselect or gcharmap on your machine. Either of these programs will show you a list of the characters available for a given font. Choose the characters you want from the list, copy, and paste into Gimp's text tool.

--Joel