RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Stroking Fine Lines w/ Bezier

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Stroking Fine Lines w/ Bezier me@skyflux.com 11 Jun 20:18
  Stroking Fine Lines w/ Bezier Joel 13 Jun 04:21
me@skyflux.com
2002-06-11 20:18:24 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'd be very interested in knowing how to draw 1x1 pixel lines with the bezier tool. Even using the smallest brush size (1x1) the line is 2x2 when I stroke the path created by the bezier. It's really annoying, and I think if it can't be done right now, it would be beneficial to _many_ users if this feature was added or fixed.

If it is possible to create fine lines with the bezier, someone please help!

Manuel

Joel
2002-06-13 04:21:57 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 08:18 am, me@skyflux.com wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'd be very interested in knowing how to draw 1x1 pixel lines with the bezier tool. Even using the smallest brush size (1x1) the line is 2x2 when I stroke the path created by the bezier. It's really annoying, and I think if it can't be done right now, it would be beneficial to _many_ users if this feature was added or fixed.

Gimp does draw a 1x1 line with the smallest brush size, but antialiases the result, putting various shades of gray around the edges. Worse, if you're putting it in a 1-bit (B/W) image, the gray antialiased sections go solid black (emulating a 2x2, or even more solid lines, in places).

The only workaround that I can think of is to use Path to Selection, then /Select/Border to border the selection by 1 pixel. When you fill the resulting selection, it doesn't antialias it at all, so you get a solid 1x1 line.

--Joel