RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

modify text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

modify text Thomas 09 Jun 22:15
  modify text John Culleton 09 Jun 22:36
  modify text Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 09 Jun 22:36
  modify text Christian Gundersson 09 Jun 22:43
Thomas
2002-06-09 22:15:05 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

modify text

hi everybody,

i am a real newbie with gimp, and i just want to know something about the text tool.

is it possible to modify text we just added? if it is possible,then how can i do that?

e.g. : a simple background layer, then the text tool, then "anchor", then how can i modify the text?

thank you all for you answer, thomas.

John Culleton
2002-06-09 22:36:23 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

modify text

On Sunday 09 June 2002 04:15 pm, Thomas wrote:

hi everybody,

i am a real newbie with gimp, and i just want to know something about the text tool.

is it possible to modify text we just added? if it is possible,then how can i do that?

e.g. : a simple background layer, then the text tool, then "anchor", then how can i modify the text?

thank you all for you answer, thomas.

Gimp doesn't really do text, it does images. In other words the text tool is a one-way street. Once you anchor it it is an image. The only way to modify it is to delete and start over with a replacement string of text.

If I am wrong, and I frequently am, some one will correct me :)

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2002-06-09 22:36:54 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

modify text

thetemp@advalvas.be (2002-06-09 at 2215.05 +0200):

is it possible to modify text we just added?

Yes...

if it is possible,then how can i do that?

...use GDynText and do not anchor, just keep the text layers. When you use the text tools with GDynText on a GDynText layer, you edit the contents. Other text tools (plain one and freetype) do not save the info, so you have to reenter all the data, which is a pain. I am using GDynText for the text of a comic strip, and I can not imagine working without the save info feature GDynText implements (info is saved in .xcf files, so it works from one session to another too).

GSR

Christian Gundersson
2002-06-09 22:43:03 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

modify text

sön 2002-06-09 klockan 22.15 skrev Thomas:

hi everybody,

If I need to modify text that has already been anchored I use the "select contiguous regions" tool to select all the characters and then do the modifying, like running a gradient over them or beveling. This doesn't work, however, if the text is smoothed or otherwise blended with colors. But not anchoring the text to begin with is probably the best way to go...

MVH
//Christian Gundersson