RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GDynText

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GDynText andy_man@popmail.com 27 May 00:25
  GDynText Malcolm Tredinnick 27 May 00:37
GDynText andy_man@popmail.com 27 May 01:29
  GDynText Malcolm Tredinnick 27 May 02:04
andy_man@popmail.com
2002-05-27 00:25:08 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GDynText

I'm interested to know what is the status of GDynText. Is it not worked on anymore? I find it a good start, but there are lots of further implementations needed. And unfortunately, I don't know how to program. :)

What about GIMP 1.3 - 1.4? Is there another tool planned for those?

/Andy

.................................... Get your own free email account from http://www.popmail.com

Malcolm Tredinnick
2002-05-27 00:37:28 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GDynText

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 05:25:08PM -0500, andy_man@popmail.com wrote:

I'm interested to know what is the status of GDynText. Is it not worked on anymore? I find it a good start, but there are lots of further implementations needed. And unfortunately, I don't know how to program. :)

I don't know what the current status is with regards to support (although I could not find it in the CVS version of the Gimp on my machine). However, what extra features would you like to see implemented?

If you really want to see improvements in this tool (and nobody posts here to say it's really dead), file some "wishlist" priority bugs at bugzilla.gnome.org against the Gimp component so that they don't get lost.

Malcolm

andy_man@popmail.com
2002-05-27 01:29:34 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GDynText

The thing is, the requests would look different depending on whether it's the default text tool or GDynText that is favoured. The latter has more features than the default tool, but that also means that is has more flaws.
I really don't know how to shape the bugs before I know which is the "main" text tool.

.................................... Get your own free email account from http://www.popmail.com

Malcolm Tredinnick
2002-05-27 02:04:12 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GDynText

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 06:29:34PM -0500, andy_man@popmail.com wrote:

The thing is, the requests would look different depending on whether it's the default text tool or GDynText that is favoured. The latter has more features than the default tool, but that also means that is has more flaws.
I really don't know how to shape the bugs before I know which is the "main" text tool.

I don't think this is true. You can easily file a bug report saying that GDynText doesn't work currently (giving whatever diagnostics you can) and then file feature requests for whatever extra features you would like.

That way, whether GDynText continues to work or is replaced by something or is dropped awaiting somebody to write a new one, the features that you would like are still being tracked.

Feature requests do not have to be specific to a particular tool, although they can refer to an existing or pre-existing tool to give a reference about what you would like to see.

Malcolm