RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem with GUI fonts on V1.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem with GUI fonts on V1.3 robertrichard 12 May 16:56
  Problem with GUI fonts on V1.3 Carol Spears 12 May 17:39
robertrichard
2002-05-12 16:56:12 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

I'm running V1.3.3 of the Gimp and haven't figured out how to adjust the fonts the GUI uses. I've tried adding the following to ~/gimp-1.3/gtkrc but it doesn't help. The GUI always uses the same tiny fonts.

style "default"
{
font = "lucidasanstypewriter-18"
}

widget_class "*" style "default"

I also have V1.2 installed and it does change it's fonts according to the contents of ~/.gimp-1.2/gtkrc.

I installed the Gimp from the source files and didn't see anything unusual in the config.log except that the tool couldn't locate support for xgettext, AA fonts, or XMU. Could the AA fonts account for this?

I've searched the www.gtk.org and www.gimp.org for help but didn't find anything. The gtk tutorial was interesting, and I had fun with the example used in the introduction but I'm still stuck. The only font problems I found in the Gimp mail threads were related to using fonts to attach text to a project.

So, can anyone offer a suggestion as to how I can change the fonts?

Thanks, bob richard

Carol Spears
2002-05-12 17:39:30 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

if everything else is set up right, (Xftconfig and such) starting your gimp this way:
GDK_USE_XFT=1 gimp-1.3
on the command line should do the trick.

carol

On 2002-05-12 at 1056.12 -0400, robertrichard typed this mail:

Hi,

I'm running V1.3.3 of the Gimp and haven't figured out how to adjust the fonts the GUI uses. I've tried adding the following to ~/gimp-1.3/gtkrc but it doesn't help. The GUI always uses the same tiny fonts.

style "default"
{
font = "lucidasanstypewriter-18"
}

widget_class "*" style "default"

I also have V1.2 installed and it does change it's fonts according to the contents of ~/.gimp-1.2/gtkrc.

I installed the Gimp from the source files and didn't see anything unusual in the config.log except that the tool couldn't locate support for xgettext, AA fonts, or XMU. Could the AA fonts account for this?

I've searched the www.gtk.org and www.gimp.org for help but didn't find anything. The gtk tutorial was interesting, and I had fun with the example used in the introduction but I'm still stuck. The only font problems I found in the Gimp mail threads were related to using fonts to attach text to a project.

So, can anyone offer a suggestion as to how I can change the fonts?

Thanks, bob richard