RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

support for Epson scanner

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

support for Epson scanner Amit Mukherjee 17 Apr 05:21
  support for Epson scanner Patrick 17 Apr 05:28
Amit Mukherjee
2002-04-17 05:21:24 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,
Could anyone tell me whether I can use the Epson 1240 Perfection scanner on Linux. The scanner only has a USB connection, so does LInux support scanning over USB. What are the rest of the Epson scanners supported by Linux ?

Regards Amit

Get fast and easy Internet access through http://www.netkracker.com

Patrick
2002-04-17 05:28:38 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 11:21 pm, Amit Mukherjee, commented about:

Hi,
Could anyone tell me whether I can use the Epson 1240 Perfection scanner on Linux. The scanner only has a USB connection, so does LInux support scanning over USB. What are the rest of the Epson scanners supported by Linux ?

Regards Amit
===================

Amit,
The 1240 should work just fine. The 1250 is the one to stay away from as they made some changes with that one and it was the pits! I have the 1650 Perfection Photo and it was great to setup on Linux usb. I was even able to get a scanning program from Epson especially for it that made the slides & negative scanning a breeze! Sane, Xsane & Gimp work very well with the Epson scanners.

Patrick