RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cross stitch stitch

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cross stitch stitch Kai Hendry 06 Apr 11:38
  Cross stitch stitch Carol Spears 06 Apr 19:57
Kai Hendry
2002-04-06 11:38:51 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Cross stitch stitch

Anyone thought or done a cross stitch script for gimp?

Initial searches have proved fruitless. http://www.vistek.com/newhome/xstitch/html/body_2clinux.html

Please CC: any replies, thanks.

Regards, -Kai Hendry

Carol Spears
2002-04-06 19:57:54 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Cross stitch stitch

On 2002-04-06 at 1238.51 +0300, Kai Hendry typed this mail:

Anyone thought or done a cross stitch script for gimp?

Initial searches have proved fruitless. http://www.vistek.com/newhome/xstitch/html/body_2clinux.html

i have been playing and playing with this idea for a while now. let me outline my script ideas.

1. resize the image so 10 pixels = 1 stitch 2. map the image using dmc colors Blur ->Pixelize 10 5. draw a grid layer and then get the symbol from the xpm file and place it nicely in the middle of the proper location in the grid. 6. a key ...
7. option to print just the black and white grid with the symbols, the 8. an advanced setting which will allow selections to be mapped first (to preserve subtle colors better).

with help (a lot of help ...) i have gotten halfway through number 5 on this list. last i knew, my script would not register. i don't know if it is some changes i made to the dialog or if it is these problems with my desktop that is causing me trouble.

i can give you everything that i have, to date, brokenness might be included. or you can give me some time to rid my computer at anything calling itself a desktop environment and trick debian into letting me use good old fashioned fvwm2 ....

also, the plug-in that pippin gave me came with many warnings, although it worked fine.

jefft has a better dmc palette than i have, also.

eh, any questions?

carol