RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

help needed with menu tooltips

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

help needed with menu tooltips Sven Neumann 13 Mar 08:30
  help needed with menu tooltips Olivier Ripoll 13 Mar 14:38
   help needed with menu tooltips Sven Neumann 14 Mar 23:45
    help needed with menu tooltips Olivier Ripoll 15 Mar 14:13
     help needed with menu tooltips Olivier Ripoll 15 Mar 14:20
      help needed with menu tooltips Olivier Ripoll 15 Mar 18:29
       help needed with menu tooltips Sven Neumann 15 Mar 19:14
Sven Neumann
2006-03-13 08:30:31 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

just wanted to point the people subscribed here to this thread over at the gimp-developer list:

http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-developer/2006-March/015323.html

Since not much coding skills (if any) are needed to be able to help with this, I thought it would be appropriate to include the gimp-user list.

Sven

Olivier Ripoll
2006-03-13 14:38:48 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

just wanted to point the people subscribed here to this thread over at the gimp-developer list:

http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-developer/2006-March/015323.html

Since not much coding skills (if any) are needed to be able to help with this, I thought it would be appropriate to include the gimp-user list.

Sven

Hi Sven,

I have no possibility for CVS access (no internet at home, and filtered access at work). Is there a bug# where such text blobs could be posted/discussed ? If not, is posting to the mailing-list acceptable ?

Regards,

Olivier.

Sven Neumann
2006-03-14 23:45:42 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

I have no possibility for CVS access (no internet at home, and filtered access at work). Is there a bug# where such text blobs could be posted/discussed ? If not, is posting to the mailing-list acceptable ?

I don't have the resources to prepare such a list nor to merge the changes back into the source tree. For a review process it would perhaps be possible to somehow extract a list of the strings. But it should be a lot easier to just do these changes in the source code.

Sven

PS: CVS can be tunneled. But I don't want to get you into trouble...

Olivier Ripoll
2006-03-15 14:13:31 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

I don't have the resources to prepare such a list nor to merge the changes back into the source tree. For a review process it would perhaps be possible to somehow extract a list of the strings. But it should be a lot easier to just do these changes in the source code.

Sven

Is there a possibility to use the latest tar.gz (2.3.7) and diff patches from it ?

Looking at the web cvs interface for gnome (this I can access, it is http), I can for instance see this recent change you did to the blur plugin: http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/plug-ins/common/blur.c?r1=1.67&r2=1.68

You added a const gchar string const gchar *help =
"This plug-in blurs the specified drawable, using a 3x3 blur. " "Indexed images are not supported.";

So all is needed is to find a string to best describe the plugin, and store it in this help pointer, isn't it ?

It seems the help string can be multiline, am I correct on this ?

Best regards,

Olivier

Olivier Ripoll
2006-03-15 14:20:21 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

Sven

Is there a possibility to use the latest tar.gz (2.3.7) and diff patches from it ?

Looking at the web cvs interface for gnome (this I can access, it is http), I can for instance see this recent change you did to the blur plugin:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/plug-ins/common/blur.c?r1=1.67&r2=1.68

You added a const gchar string const gchar *help =
"This plug-in blurs the specified drawable, using a 3x3 blur. " "Indexed images are not supported.";

So all is needed is to find a string to best describe the plugin, and store it in this help pointer, isn't it ?

It seems the help string can be multiline, am I correct on this ?

Best regards,

Olivier

small correction: you also changed the call to gimp_install_procedure() to use the constant strings.

Olivier.

Olivier Ripoll
2006-03-15 18:29:21 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

small correction: you also changed the call to gimp_install_procedure() to use the constant strings.

Olivier.

correction:
It is the other way around. You removed the strings. I had read the diff the wrong way.
So the tooltip is put in the N_(), correct ?

N_("Apply a 3x3 blurring convolution kernel"), (blur)
or
N_("Simulate movement by applying a blur effect"), (motion blur)

Best regards,

Olivier

Sven Neumann
2006-03-15 19:14:24 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

So the tooltip is put in the N_(), correct ?

Yes, but in the meantime Bill has done most of the plug-ins already. So it doesn't make sense to work from a tarball. You need CVS access.

Sven