RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

all Filters gone

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

all Filters gone Axel Wernicke 04 Mar 09:51
  all Filters gone Sven Neumann 04 Mar 12:06
Axel Wernicke
2006-03-04 09:51:38 UTC (about 18 years ago)

all Filters gone

Hi list,

finally I got GIMP 2.2.10 compiled on the Intel Mac that arrived last week. The whole process of ./configure; make; make install run very smooth. No problems at all. Starting the GIMP up works without any unexpected messages. Unfortunately when I opened an image I had to discover that the whole filters menu contained only three menu items for resetting and redoing a filter but no filters or even submenus at all. After that I had a look into the preferences to check the path for plug-ins as well as a look into that according directory. Everything looks good in here, all the filters are there as binaries.

So big question: what can I do to get the filters back?

Any hints are appreciated.

greetings, lexA ---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get... GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen

Sven Neumann
2006-03-04 12:06:51 UTC (about 18 years ago)

all Filters gone

Hi,

Axel Wernicke writes:

finally I got GIMP 2.2.10 compiled on the Intel Mac that arrived last week. The whole process of ./configure; make; make install run very smooth. No problems at all. Starting the GIMP up works without any unexpected messages. Unfortunately when I opened an image I had to discover that the whole filters menu contained only three menu items for resetting and redoing a filter but no filters or even submenus at all. After that I had a look into the preferences to check the path for plug-ins as well as a look into that according directory. Everything looks good in here, all the filters are there as binaries.

So big question: what can I do to get the filters back?

Try to execute one of the plug-ins directly and check whatever error messages you get. This is most likely a linker problem.

Sven