RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tiling a picture

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tiling a picture chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr 03 Mar 12:48
  Tiling a picture Carol Spears 04 Mar 00:30
  Tiling a picture Rob 04 Mar 07:26
chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr
2006-03-03 12:48:55 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Tiling a picture

Hi!

I would like to make a poster out of a picture, but not in one piece. I have many small frames hanging on a wall and I would like to place one part of the original image in each frame, in such a way that when all the frames are placed side by side the original picture would appear.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could split an image into an arbitrary number of pieces, specifying at the same time the size of those pieces?

Thanx a lot!

Vassilis.

Carol Spears
2006-03-04 00:30:48 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Tiling a picture

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 01:48:55PM +0200, chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr wrote:

Hi!

I would like to make a poster out of a picture, but not in one piece. I have many small frames hanging on a wall and I would like to place one part of the original image in each frame, in such a way that when all the frames are placed side by side the original picture would appear.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could split an image into an arbitrary number of pieces, specifying at the same time the size of those pieces?

the guillotine plug-in splits an image along guides that the user puts into place. if your question is about resizing, i think that would be a separate step.

one of the problems with the guillotine plug-in is that all it does is split the image into many images. it does not save the pieces.

gimp-perl and gimp-python each have an image slicer that slices the image, saves the pieces and writes some flavor of html or another.

it is easier to answer the simple interpretation of your question. if this has failed, please expand your explanation some (even though the answer will probably be "no, not yet").

carol

Rob
2006-03-04 07:26:41 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Tiling a picture

Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but there's a tutorial at http://www.yorkspace.com/2005/08/28 on fitting digital pictures into one of those collage frames with a bunch of different sized holes in it.

hth

chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr wrote:

Hi!

Thanx a lot!

Vassilis. _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user