RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Python and Windows XP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Python and Windows XP Demetrius Jones 21 Feb 21:56
  Python and Windows XP Carol Spears 22 Feb 02:30
  Python and Windows XP Colin Brace 22 Feb 23:11
   Python and Windows XP Matt Gushee 23 Feb 03:24
   Python and Windows XP Paul Waldo 23 Feb 16:24
Python and Windows XP Michael Schumacher 22 Feb 10:46
  Python and Windows XP Massimo 09 Mar 20:19
Demetrius Jones
2006-02-21 21:56:24 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

I was wondering if someone could point out how I am supposed to get the Gimp 2.3.6 to recognize that I have python installed on the computer so that I may be able to use py fu scripts
---------------------------------

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos

Carol Spears
2006-02-22 02:30:32 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:56:24PM -0800, Demetrius Jones wrote:

I was wondering if someone could point out how I am supposed to get the Gimp 2.3.6 to recognize that I have python installed on the computer so that I may be able to use py fu scripts

python loads modules. gimp-fu is a python module that needs to be built.

the answer to your question is that you need to install the gimp-python module.

i have no idea how to build this for XP.

carol

Michael Schumacher
2006-02-22 10:46:53 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

Von: Carol Spears

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:56:24PM -0800, Demetrius Jones wrote:

I was wondering if someone could point out how I am supposed to get the

Gimp 2.3.6 to recognize that I have python installed on the computer so that I may be able to use py fu scripts

the answer to your question is that you need to install the gimp-python module.

i have no idea how to build this for XP.

It is part of the 2.3 installers. In order to be able to select it, it might be neccessary to have Python 2.4 and a matching pygtk installed.

HTH, Michael

Colin Brace
2006-02-22 23:11:22 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

On 2/21/06, Demetrius Jones wrote:

I too am wondering. At my first attempt to compile 2.3.7, make spat back that it couldn't find "Python headers" and the only way forward was to run it with "--disable-python".

I have gimp-python 2.2.8-2 installed. I thought maybe it needed a developer package, but "aptitude search gimp | grep python | grep dev" didn't turn up anything.

--
Colin Brace
Amsterdam

Matt Gushee
2006-02-23 03:24:20 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

Colin Brace wrote:

I too am wondering. At my first attempt to compile 2.3.7, make spat back that it couldn't find "Python headers" and the only way forward was to run it with "--disable-python".

I have gimp-python 2.2.8-2 installed. I thought maybe it needed a developer package, but "aptitude search gimp | grep python | grep dev" didn't turn up anything.

Most likely the missing headers are those for Python itself. Did you look for python-devel?

Paul Waldo
2006-02-23 16:24:25 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 5:11 pm, Colin Brace wrote:

On 2/21/06, Demetrius Jones wrote:

--
Colin Brace
Amsterdam

Have you tried pyGtk? I have these packages installed on my system: python-gtk2
python-gtk2-dev
python2.4-gtk2

Paul

Massimo
2006-03-09 20:19:02 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Python and Windows XP

Michael Schumacher ha detto...

It is part of the 2.3 installers. In order to be able to select it, it might be neccessary to have Python 2.4 and a matching pygtk installed.

I have downloaded and installed these packages:

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gimp-win/gtk+-2.8.13-setup.zip http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.2/python-2.4.2.msi http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/binaries/pygtk-2.8.4-1.win32-py2.4.exe http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/binaries/pycairo-1.0.2-1.win32-py2.4.exe http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gimp-win/gimp-2.3.7-setup.exe

But gimp-python doesn't work.