RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question Smart Erasing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question Smart Erasing Peter Diks 20 Jan 01:39
  Question Smart Erasing Vytautas Povilaitis 20 Jan 02:12
Peter Diks
2006-01-20 01:39:57 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Question Smart Erasing

Hallo Gimp Users,

I am using Gimp 2.2.9 on a dualboot duron 1200, 400 Mb, with Suse9.1 - WindowsME. I am looking for a way to erase a ( inverted ) selection with a tool like bucket-fill. I don't know how to use script-fu to program it. I did split an short MPEG to frames, and made a selection, inverted it so that one specific area is spared. So the rest of the image\frame has to go. I cannot find it under "Video", but are willing to do this manually. In that case a bucket-fill-eraser will come in handy. If there is a smarter way of erasing everything except the ( inverted ) selection ( stroked or not ) i would love to know

With Regards. Peter Diks
peter.diks@tiscali.nl
http://www.goeroentje.nl

Vytautas Povilaitis
2006-01-20 02:12:33 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Question Smart Erasing

Ctrl+K erases selection

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 02:39:57 +0200, Peter Diks wrote:

Hallo Gimp Users,

I am using Gimp 2.2.9 on a dualboot duron 1200, 400 Mb, with Suse9.1 - WindowsME.
I am looking for a way to erase a ( inverted ) selection with a tool like bucket-fill. I don't know how to use script-fu to program it. I did split an short MPEG to frames, and made a selection, inverted it so that one specific area is spared. So the rest of the image\frame has to go. I cannot find it under "Video", but are willing to do this manually. In that case a bucket-fill-eraser will come in handy. If there is a smarter way of erasing everything except the ( inverted ) selection ( stroked or not ) i would love to know

With Regards. Peter Diks
peter.diks@tiscali.nl
http://www.goeroentje.nl