RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Crop tool in 2.3.6

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Crop tool in 2.3.6 Eric P 15 Jan 22:10
  Crop tool in 2.3.6 Carol Spears 16 Jan 05:04
   Crop tool in 2.3.6 Eric P 16 Jan 05:51
Eric P
2006-01-15 22:10:59 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Crop tool in 2.3.6

The crop tool and dialog in 2.3.6 have some really excellent improvements over the old one. Great work dev!

I have one question: is it still possible to do a 'crop from selection' like in Gimp < 2.3? I seem to be missing that option in the new dialog.

Thanks,
Eric P.

Carol Spears
2006-01-16 05:04:54 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Crop tool in 2.3.6

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 03:10:59PM -0600, Eric P wrote:

The crop tool and dialog in 2.3.6 have some really excellent improvements over the old one. Great work dev!

I have one question: is it still possible to do a 'crop from selection' like in Gimp < 2.3? I seem to be missing that option in the new dialog.

i must admit, i missed this at first as well and discussed it with mitch....

crop from selection is gone. instead, /Image/Crop and /Layer/Crop are there. two steps less for me and i do not have the problem of having the crop tool toggled to work on only one layer when i did not need it or want it any longer.

carol

Eric P
2006-01-16 05:51:54 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Crop tool in 2.3.6

Carol Spears wrote:

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 03:10:59PM -0600, Eric P wrote:

i must admit, i missed this at first as well and discussed it with mitch....

crop from selection is gone. instead, /Image/Crop and /Layer/Crop are there. two steps less for me and i do not have the problem of having the crop tool toggled to work on only one layer when i did not need it or want it any longer.

carol

Awesome. I didn't even get off my lazy butt to look around at the other options. However, I'm not sure if I would have recognized them. I think 'Crop Image from Selection' and 'Crop Layer from Selection' might be a tad clearer in the menu. That is the sole purpose of these procedures, isn't it (since they're grayed out until a selection is made)?

Anywho, I'm just glad those procedures are there. I'd be lost otherwise.

Thanks!
Eric P