RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

getting gimp from cvs

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

getting gimp from cvs Mustafa 09 Jan 11:35
  getting gimp from cvs Sven Neumann 09 Jan 14:00
getting gimp from cvs Axel Wernicke 09 Jan 13:17
  getting gimp from cvs Mustafa 09 Jan 13:26
Mustafa
2006-01-09 11:35:35 UTC (about 18 years ago)

getting gimp from cvs

i used to following command to get the cvs code cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gimp.org:/cvs/gnome co -P gimp

but i what i got seems incomplete (i did it twice in different directories). i don't have a ./configure script and perhaps other stuff is missing. is this command wrong to get he latest cvs and what is the right command.

Axel Wernicke
2006-01-09 13:17:46 UTC (about 18 years ago)

getting gimp from cvs

--- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
Von: Mustafa
An: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Betreff: [Gimp-user] getting gimp from cvs Datum: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:35:35 +0500

i used to following command to get the cvs code cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gimp.org:/cvs/gnome co -P gimp

but i what i got seems incomplete (i did it twice in different directories). i don't have a ./configure script and perhaps other stuff is missing. is this command wrong to get he latest cvs and what is the right command.

you probably got anything from cvs:

compiling from cvs version

If you get the cvs version, there will be no configure script initially. You have to use autogen.sh instead of configure:

./autogen.sh

--> read: http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp

Greetings, lexA

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Mustafa
2006-01-09 13:26:30 UTC (about 18 years ago)

getting gimp from cvs

Axel Wernicke wrote:

--- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
Von: Mustafa
An: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Betreff: [Gimp-user] getting gimp from cvs Datum: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:35:35 +0500

you probably got anything from cvs:

what do you mean anything??

compiling from cvs version

If you get the cvs version, there will be no configure script initially. You have to use autogen.sh instead of configure:

./autogen.sh

--> read: http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp

Greetings, lexA

Sven Neumann
2006-01-09 14:00:35 UTC (about 18 years ago)

getting gimp from cvs

Hi,

Mustafa writes:

You will want to read the file HACKING. Among other things, it explains how to compile GIMP from CVS.

Sven