RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Separete an image in two

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20051220215357.5f829a44.ran... 07 Oct 20:17
  How do on add a python plug-in? Preben Randhol 20 Dec 21:55
   How do on add a python plug-in? Milan Knizek 21 Dec 19:18
    Separete an image in two Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha 26 Dec 20:51
     Separete an image in two Owen 26 Dec 22:30
   How do on add a python plug-in? Carol Spears 21 Dec 19:41
Preben Randhol
2005-12-20 21:55:57 UTC (over 18 years ago)

How do on add a python plug-in?

I'm trying to add the plug-in found here:

http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2005/10/19/make-3d-dvd-covers-with-linux-and-the-gimp

But when I do as it says I don't get a menu with DVD Cover under Python-FU.

What else must I do for gimp to find it?

Thanks in advance

Preben

Milan Knizek
2005-12-21 19:18:40 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:55, Preben Randhol wrote:

http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2005/10/19/make-3d-dvd-covers-with-linux-and- the-gimp

Start your gimp and look to File/Preferences under Folders/Plugins section. You should see, which paths are searched by your gimp.

Place the downloaded file to any of the displayed directories, if you are using linux then make it executable (chmod ugo+x filename) and restart gimp. (You must be root to place the file anywhere else then your home directory.)

Then it should show under Python-Fu menu. If it does not, try to look to menu Xtns/Plugin browser and search for "dvd".

However, it did not work for me anyway, due to some missing procedure (I use gimp-2.3.3):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 627, in _run res = _interact(func_name, start_params) File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 273, in _interact return run_script([])
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 269, in run_script return apply(function, params)
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/dvdcoverdisplayer.py", line 46, in python_fu_dvdcover
pdb.gimp_layer_set_preserve_trans(cover.active_layer,0) gimp.error: procedure not found

Carol Spears
2005-12-21 19:41:14 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 09:55:57PM +0100, Preben Randhol wrote:

http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2005/10/19/make-3d-dvd-covers-with-linux-and-the-gimp

first, you should see if your gimp has python installed. you can check this easily by looking in the Xtns menu to see if "Python Fu" appears there.

carol

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
2005-12-26 20:51:36 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Separete an image in two

Hi list,

How could I separete an image in two with the same size of both.

I am planning to put a title image but my blog does not accept only one image to the Blog title.

sincerely

Ezequias

Milan Knizek wrote:

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:55, Preben Randhol wrote:

http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2005/10/19/make-3d-dvd-covers-with-linux-and- the-gimp

Start your gimp and look to File/Preferences under Folders/Plugins section. You should see, which paths are searched by your gimp.

Place the downloaded file to any of the displayed directories, if you are using linux then make it executable (chmod ugo+x filename) and restart gimp. (You must be root to place the file anywhere else then your home directory.)

Then it should show under Python-Fu menu. If it does not, try to look to menu Xtns/Plugin browser and search for "dvd".

However, it did not work for me anyway, due to some missing procedure (I use gimp-2.3.3):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 627, in _run res = _interact(func_name, start_params) File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 273, in _interact return run_script([])
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 269, in run_script return apply(function, params)
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/dvdcoverdisplayer.py", line 46, in python_fu_dvdcover
pdb.gimp_layer_set_preserve_trans(cover.active_layer,0) gimp.error: procedure not found

Owen
2005-12-26 22:30:23 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Separete an image in two

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:

How could I separete an image in two with the same size of both.

I am planning to put a title image but my blog does not accept only one image to the Blog title.

1. open image
2. Use rectangle selection tool
3. Make selection
4. Cut
5. Paste into new image
6. Return to cut image
7. Select remaining image
8. Cut
9. Paste into another new image

If you experiment with the circle and retangle selection tools, you should be able to make some interesting "half images"

Owen