RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

smooth a 2 color image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

smooth a 2 color image mickeydog 19 Dec 18:57
smooth a 2 color image Tristan Miller 30 Dec 01:07
mickeydog
2005-12-19 18:57:29 UTC (over 18 years ago)

smooth a 2 color image

I have an image in 2 colors (b&w, no greys). How do I smooth the edges while maintaing 2 colors?

For example, suppose the following represents a segment of the image (where B = black pixel and W = white pixel)

WWWBW WWWBW
WBBBW
WWWBW
WWWBW

i would like the image to be like this:

WWWBW WWBBW
WBBBW
WWBBW
WWWBW

(the 3rd pixel in line 2 and the 3rd pixel in line 4 changed from W to B, thus smoothing from edge from line 1, pixel 4 to line 3, pixel 2)

Tristan Miller
2005-12-30 01:07:14 UTC (about 18 years ago)

smooth a 2 color image

Greetings.

In article , mickeydog wrote:

I have an image in 2 colors (b&w, no greys). How do I smooth the edges while maintaing 2 colors?

For example, suppose the following represents a segment of the image (where B = black pixel and W = white pixel)

WWWBW WWWBW
WBBBW
WWWBW
WWWBW

i would like the image to be like this:

WWWBW WWBBW
WBBBW
WWBBW
WWWBW

(the 3rd pixel in line 2 and the 3rd pixel in line 4 changed from W to B, thus smoothing from edge from line 1, pixel 4 to line 3, pixel 2)

Most filters don't operate on 1-bit images. Would it be feasible for you to convert your image to grayscale, use a smoothing filter, and then converting back to 1-bit?

Regards, Tristan