RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

PSD save

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

PSD save Jack 26 Mar 02:51
  PSD save Tatar Kolos 26 Mar 07:25
PSD save Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com 26 Mar 22:15
Jack
2002-03-26 02:51:58 UTC (about 22 years ago)

PSD save

Dear Gimp users,

I have been trying for 4 months now to have my Gimp (latest stable version) save in PSD format. I have tried to compile the patch found on the Gimp web site and all I get is errors.

Has anyone got a Gimp system running with PSD save working? I have RH 7.0

Please help as I am so desperate that I downloaded the Windoze version, put it on my daughters PC and, shock horror, PSD save works.

Please don't force me to go back to the land of Bill. ARRRGGGHHH!!

Tatar Kolos
2002-03-26 07:25:12 UTC (about 22 years ago)

PSD save

I have been trying for 4 months now to have my Gimp (latest stable version) save in PSD format. I have tried to compile the patch found on the Gimp web site and all I get is errors.

Has anyone got a Gimp system running with PSD save working? I have RH 7.0

Please help as I am so desperate that I downloaded the Windoze version, put it on my daughters PC and, shock horror, PSD save works.

It might be that I'm wrong, but when I last tried to save in psd format, it was an xcf file with the psd extension. Maybe Gimp can only open the psd format, but not save in it?? (it's Adobe's own format...)

Kolos

Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com
2002-03-26 22:15:55 UTC (about 22 years ago)

PSD save

I once saved an XCF file as a PSD file and the file sizes were different. I would imagine that if the PSD file was an XCF file the file sizes would have stayed the same. I think the PSD file was much LARGER than the source XCF file.

What version of PSD file does GIMP 1.2.3 support? I could NOT open a PhotoShop 6.0 PSD file using GIMP 1.2.0 (Win32).

Peace.....

Tom My DVD Collection

Tatar Kolos Sent by: gimp-user-admin@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu 03/25/02 10:25 PM

To: Jack
cc: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] PSD save

I have been trying for 4 months now to have my Gimp (latest stable

version)

save in PSD format. I have tried to compile the patch found on the Gimp

web

site and all I get is errors.

Has anyone got a Gimp system running with PSD save working? I have RH

Please help as I am so desperate that I downloaded the Windoze version,

put

it on my daughters PC and, shock horror, PSD save works.

It might be that I'm wrong, but when I last tried to save in psd format, it was an xcf file with the psd extension. Maybe Gimp can only open the psd format, but not save in it?? (it's Adobe's own format...)

Kolos