RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Odd scaling behaviour

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Odd scaling behaviour Doug 22 Sep 14:30
  Odd scaling behaviour Simon Budig 22 Sep 14:59
Odd scaling behaviour Michael Schumacher 22 Sep 15:20
  Odd scaling behaviour Doug 23 Sep 13:17
Doug
2005-09-22 14:30:21 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Odd scaling behaviour

While working on an image I found that the behaviour of the Tools=> Transform Tools=> Scale tool suddenly changed - scaling *down* the image size caused it to *increase* in size and vice versa. So if I want to change the pixel size by a factor f, I need to tell it to change by 1/f.

What's up?

This behaviour has now persisted through logging out, re-booting, removing and re-installing gimp from CD-ROM.

Gimp v2.2: Mandrake Linux LE2005.

Doug

Simon Budig
2005-09-22 14:59:56 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Odd scaling behaviour

Doug (doug_bainbridge@onetel.com) wrote:

While working on an image I found that the behaviour of the Tools=> Transform Tools=> Scale tool suddenly changed - scaling *down* the image size caused it to *increase* in size and vice versa. So if I want to change the pixel size by a factor f, I need to tell it to change by 1/f.

What's up?

This behaviour has now persisted through logging out, re-booting, removing and re-installing gimp from CD-ROM.

Have a look at the tool options. Probably the "corrective" option is set which makes the transform tools doing the opposite. This is very useful for e.g. correcting the rotational tilt of scans, it is probably less useful for scaling.

At some point the setting was activated and got stored in your personal preferences. You can hit the "reset" button at the bottom of the tool options dialog to reset them to the default.

I hope this helps, Simon

Michael Schumacher
2005-09-22 15:20:28 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Odd scaling behaviour

Von: Doug

What's up?

You're probably using the corrective mode of the scale tool, this can be changed in the tool options.

HTH, Michael

Doug
2005-09-23 13:17:38 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Odd scaling behaviour

Michael Schumacher wrote:

Von: Doug

What's up?

You're probably using the corrective mode of the scale tool, this can be changed in the tool options.

HTH, Michael

Michael and Simon,
Thanks again.
It's a relief to know it's not the system screwed up, just me!

Doug