RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-remote: Could not connect to the Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-remote: Could not connect to the Gimp Werner Franke 16 Sep 09:50
  gimp-remote: Could not connect to the Gimp Sven Neumann 16 Sep 22:10
Werner Franke
2005-09-16 09:50:21 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hello,
when I want to open a second picture in a already running gimp session I got the following message:

Could not connect to the Gimp. Make sure that the Toolbox is visible!

But the toolbox is on the current desktop on top. I use the command for the first picture:

gimp-2.2 picture1.jpg

and for the second:

gimp-remote-2.2 picture2.jpg

I working on three PCs, all with SUSE 9.3 and mostly the same sw enwironment but the behavior of gimp is different.

AMD64: no Problems with gimp Notebook with PII: Problems with connect to gimp DELL GX110: Problems with connect to gimp

What can be the reason that gimp doesn't find it's own process ?

Any tips?

System: SUSE 9.3
GIMP-Version 2.2.4 (SUSE 9.3 rpm)
KDE 3.4.1

Thanks,
Werner

Sven Neumann
2005-09-16 22:10:05 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi,

Werner Franke writes:

when I want to open a second picture in a already running gimp session I got the following message:

Could not connect to the Gimp. Make sure that the Toolbox is visible!

But the toolbox is on the current desktop on top. I use the command for the first picture:

gimp-2.2 picture1.jpg

and for the second:

gimp-remote-2.2 picture2.jpg

I working on three PCs, all with SUSE 9.3 and mostly the same sw enwironment but the behavior of gimp is different.

AMD64: no Problems with gimp Notebook with PII: Problems with connect to gimp DELL GX110: Problems with connect to gimp

What can be the reason that gimp doesn't find it's own process ?

gimp-remote isn't the same process as gimp. I suggest you have a look at the source code of gimp-remote (it's found in the tools folder). That should give you an idea of how gimp-remote works and might enable you to find out why it isn't working for you.

Sven