RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Remove Blue Pencil

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Remove Blue Pencil Chris Spencer 08 Sep 08:57
  Remove Blue Pencil sam ende 08 Sep 09:59
  Remove Blue Pencil michael chang 08 Sep 22:43
Chris Spencer
2005-09-08 08:57:04 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Remove Blue Pencil

I've scanned an inked pencil drawing, and I'd like to remove the blue pencil sketch marks with the GIMP, but I can't figure out how. Basically, all I need to do is remove all shades of blue from the image. Is this possible? I haven't found any tutorials on this subject. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

sam ende
2005-09-08 09:59:51 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Remove Blue Pencil

On Thursday 08 September 2005 07:57, Chris Spencer wrote:

I've scanned an inked pencil drawing, and I'd like to remove the blue pencil sketch marks with the GIMP, but I can't figure out how. Basically, all I need to do is remove all shades of blue from the image. Is this possible? I haven't found any tutorials on this subject. Any help is appreciated.

hi, have you tried the colour picker tool ? that's the icon that looks like a medicine dropper (for some reason).

sammi

michael chang
2005-09-08 22:43:33 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Remove Blue Pencil

On 9/8/05, Chris Spencer wrote:

I've scanned an inked pencil drawing, and I'd like to remove the blue pencil sketch marks with the GIMP, but I can't figure out how. Basically, all I need to do is remove all shades of blue from the image.

Try either colour-to-alpha, or the select-by-colour. The first is a filter (right-click image, click image menu, click colors, click "color to alpha" in 2.2.8, maybe earlier) and the second is a tool (looks like a finger pointing at one of three coloured squares). Good luck!

Btw, if you delete an area, it becomes transparent -- you can turn it to the background colour by flattening as far as I know, or you can put another layer of the colour of your background behind it (may require you to add an alpha channel, if one doesn't already exist -- right click layer name and click "add alpha channel").