RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

side-bar script-fu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

side-bar script-fu Sven Görsmann 22 Jun 11:04
  side-bar script-fu Carol Spears 22 Jun 15:27
Sven Görsmann
2005-06-22 11:04:07 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

side-bar script-fu

Hello!

I have a question: What happened to the side-bar.scm Script-Fu by Mike Oliphant? I used it in the older versions of GIMP (1.x), but now with the new 2.x GIMP versions the older scripts are unfunctional cause the Script-Fu engine changed.

Does anybody know where i can find an updated version of this ( and maybe other ) script ? Or can anybody tell me where to find a "manual" which shows how to update the old scripts to work again in the new Gimp?

Thanks in advance,

Sven Goersmann

Carol Spears
2005-06-22 15:27:17 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

side-bar script-fu

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 11:04:07AM +0200, Sven G?rsmann wrote:

I have a question: What happened to the side-bar.scm Script-Fu by Mike Oliphant? I used it in the older versions of GIMP (1.x), but now with the new 2.x GIMP versions the older scripts are unfunctional cause the Script-Fu engine changed.

Does anybody know where i can find an updated version of this ( and maybe other ) script ? Or can anybody tell me where to find a "manual" which shows how to update the old scripts to work again in the new Gimp?

i can tell you two places where it is not, in cvs. i grabbed a checkout of gimp-1.2 and gimp-1.0 and it is not there.

perhaps it is stuck in the attic in cvs?

for updating old scripts, since gimp-1.2 most of the changes have been logical. i have done some updating of a few python and perl scripts, it is generally just a few calls that need to be changed. i am not certain how to document this more than telling you to run the script and see what sort of error message you get. the error message and the scripting tools are in most cases enough to figure out what changes need to be made.

carol