RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Building refosus for 2.2.7

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Building refosus for 2.2.7 Don Rozenberg 19 Jun 21:29
20050619212507.GB3907@schmo... 07 Oct 20:17
  Building refosus for 2.2.7 Don Rozenberg 20 Jun 03:04
Don Rozenberg
2005-06-19 21:29:13 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Refocus seems to be an interesting plugin. I downloaded the gimp 2 version by Stephan Menzel. However, I have been unable to compile the code. I am running on Knoppix 3.7 which has been recently upgraded and have Gimp 2.2.7 which I installed via apt-get. I am new to Gimp but have been around computers
and Linux/Unix for a while.

I have installed the Atlas library and can successfully run configure. Some of the
configuration output is:

checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config checking for GIMP - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.2.6) checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.6.4) checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config

The compilation fails with messages like:

In file included from refocus.c:32: gimppreview.h:36:1: warning: "GIMP_PREVIEW" redefined In file included from /usr/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.h:55, from /usr/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimpui.h:25, from gimppreview.h:29, from refocus.c:32:

Looking at the refocus website http://refocus.sourceforge.net/ I get the impressing that the author included, used, and proposed a plugin preview facility for Gimp and perhaps such a facility has been adopted by The Gimp which clashes with the refocus code.

In any case, does anyone has anyone successfully built the refocus plugin for Gimp 2.2.6 or later? Does anyone have any insight or suggestions that might help me?

Thanks, in Advance,

Don

Don Rozenberg
2005-06-20 03:04:16 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Marc Lehmann wrote:

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:29:13PM -0700, Don Rozenberg wrote:

Refocus seems to be an interesting plugin. I downloaded the gimp 2 version by Stephan Menzel. However, I have been unable to compile the code. I am

I built it a few days ago and would have uploaded a binary, but it's for amd64 so few people would have a use for it.

What I did was temporarily comment out all "#incldue " lines in the libgimpui(?) libs which made it compile (and run). Quite ugly. Someone should fix it, of course :)

PS: I used this slightly hacked source that I downloaded somwehere where I can't find it anymore: http://data.plan9.de/refocus-0.9.0.tar.gz

Since last writing, I have been pondering what approach to take to get refocus working. I finally decided that in the interval between writing refocus and including a preview facility that was missing from Gimp and now,the Gimp folks included such a facility which was slightly different but used some of the same names. In such a scenario if one tried to compile the code, name conflicts would blow one out of the water.

I decided to try starting with the Gimp 2 version from Stephan Menzel, refocus-0.9.0_gimp2 and to bypass the Gimp preview stuff and use the original preview facility in refocus. To do that, I tried compiling refocus and whenever there was a name conflict I would change the name in refocus by appending to the name the string '_ROZEN'. It is not that I am an egotist, it just lets one find all my changes easily and remove them. It only involved three files gimppreview.h, gimppreview.c, and refocus.c. This is similar to what you did and also ugly and also needs and deserves better.

My final code can be found at http://page.sourceforge.net/refocus-0.9.0_gimp2_rozen.tgz All changes
to Menzel's code are flagged with '_ROZEN'.

Don