RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

locking up the tool windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

locking up the tool windows nuno alexandre 16 Jun 00:38
  locking up the tool windows nuno alexandre 16 Jun 01:27
  locking up the tool windows Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 16 Jun 02:21
   locking up the tool windows nuno alexandre 16 Jun 03:20
  locking up the tool windows Carol Spears 16 Jun 05:09
nuno alexandre
2005-06-16 00:38:35 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Is it possible, somehow, to lockup the tool windows, so that It wont be possible to
tear them apart by mistake ? because I do this sometimes, and then Its impossible to
add the tools to the "main" window - so I have to delete the ~/.gimp dir and setup everything like it was before.

Thanks.

ps: I dont remember if I wrote about this before, because I can't see my own posts to the list, only the replies - problems with the list ?

nuno

nuno alexandre
2005-06-16 01:27:59 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 00:38 +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:

ps: I dont remember if I wrote about this before, because I can't see my own posts to the list, only the replies - problems with the list ?

nevermind :) just saw the other posting about this.

nuno

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-06-16 02:21:16 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 19:38, nuno alexandre wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible, somehow, to lockup the tool windows, so that It wont be possible to
tear them apart by mistake ? because I do this sometimes, and then Its impossible to
add the tools to the "main" window - so I have to delete the ~/.gimp dir and setup everything like it was before.

No locking, but there is a way to drag them back to the main window. Just pick with the mouse next to the tools title, and drag it to exactly the bottom part of the tools...by going up and down, you will see that the small rectangle just before the window border changes colro when you drag it over it. Just drop what you are draging there.

Regards,
JS
->

Thanks.

nuno

nuno alexandre
2005-06-16 03:20:54 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 21:21 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

No locking, but there is a way to drag them back to the main window. Just pick with the mouse next to the tools title, and drag it to exactly the bottom part of the tools...by going up and down, you will see that the small rectangle just before the window border changes colro when you drag it over it. Just drop what you are draging there.

Valeu, I'll remember that for next time ;) Thanks.

nuno

Carol Spears
2005-06-16 05:09:47 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:38:35AM +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:

the dockable information is stored in ~/.gimp-2.n/sessionrc

when you get your tools and dialogs the way that you like them, you can save a copy of this somewhere and replace it when things get messed up.

gimp writes the changes to this file when you quit.

carol