RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Individual frame (layer) duration

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Individual frame (layer) duration x_terminat_or_3 13 Jun 23:31
  Individual frame (layer) duration Carol Spears 14 Jun 00:48
x_terminat_or_3
2005-06-13 23:31:12 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi all

I am making an animated gif and have been using layers as frames.  How can I set individual frame durations?  I have been looking all of the user interface and haven't got the slightest clue.

I digged around on Carol's website too but couldn't find what I want.

With kind regards

Andy

Carol Spears
2005-06-14 00:48:24 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:31:12PM +0200, x_terminat_or_3 wrote:

Hi all

I am making an animated gif and have been using layers as frames. ?How can I set individual frame durations? ?I have been looking all of the user interface and haven't got the slightest clue.

I digged around on Carol's website too but couldn't find what I want.

yeah, sorry about that. when i started using gimp for animation, i jumped right into video formats.

if you save as gif with gimp2 you will get an export dialog. animation is one of the options if you do this with an image containing layers.

once it is saved you can reopen it in gimp and see how it was animated in the layers dialog. for more tweaking, like if you would like one frame to last longer or whatever can be done by editing the information on the layer comments.

more than this, there are menu options in Filters -->Animate that can further optimize your gif.

handling the export dialog correctly is the first step.

carol