RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Window issue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Window issue Erica De Jesus 18 May 19:03
  Window issue Olivier Ripoll 18 May 19:17
   Window issue Erica De Jesus 18 May 20:44
  Window issue BandiPat 19 May 05:16
   Window issue Carol Spears 19 May 22:12
Window issue Kalle Ounapuu 18 May 19:26
Erica De Jesus
2005-05-18 19:03:21 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Window issue

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

I am currently experiencing problems with the GIMP Deweirdifyer plug-in. It claims to make GIMP stay in one window, one icon in the task bar, but it doesn't. I am using Windows XP with GIMP v2.2.7 and the description in the official GIMP plug-ins site says it supports XP. It only shows the background window that was supposed to handle the GIMP windows, but the GIMP's toolbox and windows were still in a different window. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is the plug-in really non-working?

Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-18 19:17:40 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Window issue

Erica De Jesus wrote:

I am currently experiencing problems with the GIMP Deweirdifyer plug-in. It claims to make GIMP stay in one window, one icon in the task bar, but it doesn't. I am using Windows XP with GIMP v2.2.7 and the description in the official GIMP plug-ins site says it supports XP. It only shows the background window that was supposed to handle the GIMP windows, but the GIMP's toolbox and windows were still in a different window. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is the plug-in really non-working?

The deweirdifyer (what a weird name) is badly broken. Better not using it if you do not want to have unexpected crashes or weird situations (like windows still visible that do not actually exist if I remember correctly).

Regards,

Olivier.

Kalle Ounapuu
2005-05-18 19:26:27 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Window issue

I experienced the same thing... I just uninstalled it and went back to default Wingimp.

-----Original Message-----
From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Erica De Jesus Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:03 PM To: GIMP-user Mailing List
Subject: [Gimp-user] Window issue

Erica De Jesus
2005-05-18 20:44:50 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Window issue

Olivier Ripoll wrote:
Erica De
Jesus wrote:

The deweirdifyer (what a weird name) is badly broken. Better not using it if you do not want to have unexpected crashes or weird situations (like windows still visible that do not actually exist if I remember correctly).

Regards,

Olivier.

Thanks for the advice then. I actually went back to the original GIMP. A hundred windows are better than an unstable app. :-)

BandiPat
2005-05-19 05:16:39 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Window issue

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 01:03 pm, Erica De Jesus wrote:

==========

Erica,
Not trying to be rude, but would you please use an email program without HTML formatting for this list? I don't know if you can turn it off in Yahoo, but believe you can. I know most allow you to and it is very messy looking and difficult to read, as you can see above. That's partly how it appears to us that don't use html mail.

Thanks, Patrick

Carol Spears
2005-05-19 22:12:05 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Window issue

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 11:16:39PM -0400, BandiPat wrote:

Not trying to be rude, but would you please use an email program without HTML formatting for this list? I don't know if you can turn it off in Yahoo, but believe you can. I know most allow you to and it is very messy looking and difficult to read, as you can see above. That's partly how it appears to us that don't use html mail.

hi,

BandiPat is responsible for helping my html as well as displaying how much it does not work in email here in the gimp-user list.

http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html has a well-written section on mail list ettiquette.

for a further demonstration of the problem: http://carol.gimp.org/files/mutt-htmlmail.png

thanks, carol