RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fast way to view all patterns?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fast way to view all patterns? Rikard Johnels 17 May 03:18
  Fast way to view all patterns? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 17 May 05:06
   Fast way to view all patterns? Barton Bosch 18 May 09:36
  Fast way to view all patterns? Alan Horkan 17 May 22:21
  Fast way to view all patterns? Sven Neumann 18 May 02:33
Rikard Johnels
2005-05-17 03:18:11 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hello all!
Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the iconic view in the selection tools?
I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big. It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-05-17 05:06:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Monday 16 May 2005 22:18, Rikard Johnels wrote:

Hello all!
Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the iconic view in the selection tools?
I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big. It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.

The only way I can think of doing this is buiding an image that displays the patterns the way you like ,a nd keeping this iamge open around.

Alan Horkan
2005-05-17 22:21:22 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Rikard Johnels wrote:

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 03:18:11 +0200 From: Rikard Johnels
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] Fast way to view all patterns?

Hello all! Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the iconic view in the selection tools?

Open the Patterns Palette (aka Dialog) Click on the trianglular icon to the right of the X shaped icon, from the context menu choose
Preview Size, Gigantic

Which looks like approxiamately 200x200, although patterns smaller than that are not forcibly resized.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/

Sven Neumann
2005-05-18 02:33:24 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Rikard Johnels writes:

Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the iconic view in the selection tools? I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big. It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.

Why don't you just increase the preview size in the Palettes dialog?

Sven

Barton Bosch
2005-05-18 09:36:35 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Monday 16 May 2005 22:18, Rikard Johnels wrote:

Hello all!

The only way I can think of doing this is buiding an image that displays the patterns the way you like ,a nd keeping this iamge open around.

Open a pattern dialog in the dock, select the pattern dialog tab, click on the tab menu (little triangle in the square) button, pick preview size from the menu and then choose a larger size than the default (medium) for the pattern previews. Heh, just learned this one today by reading:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/ch02s03s04.html

Barton