RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

enlightenment traps ALT. what to do?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

enlightenment traps ALT. what to do? Tim Olsen 10 May 05:01
  enlightenment traps ALT. what to do? Olivier Ripoll 11 May 11:04
   enlightenment traps ALT. what to do? Tim Olsen 13 May 14:21
    enlightenment traps ALT. what to do? Tim Olsen 13 May 14:28
     enlightenment traps ALT. what to do? Tim Olsen 13 May 14:29
Tim Olsen
2005-05-10 05:01:26 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hello.

My window manager, enlightenment, is trapping ALT key presses. I would like to be able to set a vertical guide at point measured by the measuring tool. This is done by pressing ALT and clicking the mouse.

I've tried shift-ALT but it appears enlightenment is trapping that too.

Has anyone had this problem before? How do I get around this?

thanks, Tim

Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-11 11:04:35 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Tim Olsen wrote:

Hello.

My window manager, enlightenment, is trapping ALT key presses. I would like to be able to set a vertical guide at point measured by the measuring tool. This is done by pressing ALT and clicking the mouse.

thanks, Tim

If you are using E0.16, press CTRL+ALT. I do not know if it works for the 0.17 version.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Tim Olsen
2005-05-13 14:21:52 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

That places both vertical and horizontal guides (E16). That's far more usable than not being able to set a vertical guide at all (without switching window managers). But is there a way to just set a vertical guide?

On 5/11/05, Olivier Ripoll wrote:

Tim Olsen wrote:

Hello.

thanks, Tim

If you are using E0.16, press CTRL+ALT. I do not know if it works for the 0.17 version.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Tim Olsen
2005-05-13 14:28:01 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I think I figured it out. If I hold down CTRL+ALT, release ALT, and then click, gimp sets just a vertical guide. That's weird; I would have thought releasing CTRL would have done it since ALT is the key for setting a vertical guide.

-Tim

On 5/13/05, Tim Olsen wrote:

That places both vertical and horizontal guides (E16). That's far more usable than not being able to set a vertical guide at all (without switching window managers). But is there a way to just set a vertical guide?

Tim Olsen wrote:

Hello.

thanks, Tim

Best regards,

Olivier.

Tim Olsen
2005-05-13 14:29:04 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Nevermind. it sets a horizontal guide. I need to get more sleep! lol

-Tim

I think I figured it out. If I hold down CTRL+ALT, release ALT, and then click, gimp sets just a vertical guide. That's weird; I would have thought releasing CTRL would have done it since ALT is the key for setting a vertical guide.

-Tim

Tim Olsen wrote:

Hello.

thanks, Tim

Best regards,

Olivier.