RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

image preview in file selection

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

image preview in file selection Geoffrey 09 May 13:23
image preview in file selection Michael Schumacher 10 May 09:58
  image preview in file selection Olivier Ripoll 11 May 11:08
   image preview in file selection Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com 11 May 21:08
   image preview in file selection Sven Neumann 11 May 22:23
    image preview in file selection Michael Schumacher 11 May 22:34
    image preview in file selection Olivier Ripoll 12 May 15:10
     image preview in file selection Sven Neumann 12 May 18:55
   image preview in file selection Geoffrey 11 May 23:10
  image preview in file selection Geoffrey 11 May 12:51
Geoffrey
2005-05-09 13:23:34 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I thought I saw a thread on this before, but couldn't locate it via google or the archives.

With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view that the previous file selector had?

Michael Schumacher
2005-05-10 09:58:13 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view that the previous file selector had?

How about trying it yourself? :)

HTH, Michael

Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-11 11:08:03 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Michael Schumacher wrote:

HTH, Michael

Michael,

On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open" window. If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me how, I would like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Geoffrey
2005-05-11 12:51:48 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. The previous file selector had it by default. I'd be happy to 'try it myself' if I knew how to enable it.

Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com
2005-05-11 21:08:01 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I'm running Gimp 2.2.6 on Windows 2000 and when I open a folder of images, a thumbnail preview appears for each image I select.

I can send a screenshot if desired.

Peace....

Tom

Olivier Ripoll To Sent by: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu gimp-user-bounces cc @lists.xcf.berkel ey.edu Subject [Gimp-user] Re: image preview in file selection 05/11/2005 02:08 AM

HTH, Michael

Michael,

On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open" window. If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me how, I would like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Sven Neumann
2005-05-11 22:23:42 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

Michael,

There is no reason why there shouldn't be thumbnails in the file selector on Win32 and indeed a lot of users report that there are thumbnails. So perhaps you should go to the Preferences dialog and enable them again since most likely you just disabled them for whatever reason. They are on by default.

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2005-05-11 22:34:53 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Olivier Ripoll writes:

There is no reason why there shouldn't be thumbnails in the file selector on Win32 and indeed a lot of users report that there are thumbnails. So perhaps you should go to the Preferences dialog and enable them again since most likely you just disabled them for whatever reason. They are on by default.

Or get an OS that defines HOME by default (doing this manually on other systems is left as an exercise to the reader :)

HTH, Michael

Geoffrey
2005-05-11 23:10:29 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

HTH, Michael

Michael,

What version of gimp are you running on your Linux box that has the thumbnail? When the file selector was changed, it went away, at least on my system. I'm running 2.0.4 here.

Sorry can't help you with windows, I "don't do windows."

Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-12 15:10:45 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Sven

Oh, I thought these preferences were related to thumbnails written on disk (like the old time .xvpics or the more recent freedesktop standard or the ones the windows explorer is putting everywhere by default).

So is it possible to have thumbnails in the open window and nothing saved on disk ? I do not care on linux to have thumbnails since my file manager creates some (Rox-Filer), but under windows, it is undesirable.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Sven Neumann
2005-05-12 18:55:27 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

Oh, I thought these preferences were related to thumbnails written on disk (like the old time .xvpics or the more recent freedesktop standard or the ones the windows explorer is putting everywhere by default).

So is it possible to have thumbnails in the open window and nothing saved on disk ? I do not care on linux to have thumbnails since my file manager creates some (Rox-Filer), but under windows, it is undesirable.

No, that is not possible. Either you allow GIMP to create and save the thumbnails or you have to use the file chooser dialog w/o thumbnails.

Sven