RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about colors with GIMP Print...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about colors with GIMP Print... David Berlin 02 May 20:30
David Berlin
2005-05-02 20:30:20 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Question about colors with GIMP Print...

Hi all...glad to see everybody. Well, as y'all know I am sure, sound and printing are the biggest choking points with Redhat Linux--the things that stop non-techies from using it and saying it's "too complicated". I'm not a techie but I've found folks in different forums to be very helpful in getting Redhat FC2 and the GIMP and printing and sound working more or less right. Every once in a while I get in a tweaking sort of mood, and I have two weeks of vacation left, and I feel like getting the GIMP *really* working.

Okay. As I said, I am running FC2, and the GUI I use to manage the printer config is the GNOME printer config manager. Okay, so we open the GIMP and we load a photo I like and we go to print it. The printer I am using is an Epson Stylus Photo EX. We click print in the GIMP, we get the print plugin, we click all the appropriate stuff, the photo setting in the advanced setting, six color printing, correct driver for that exact printer, the whole nine, we click print...and what comes out is this heavily banded, oddly off color (I can't describe in what way it's "off color", only that it is. It sort of looks like the photo was printed with too much black and light puke green) photograph. Now, I've printed on computer paper, typing paper, and medium and high quality photo paper. Same deal. My guess is that a setting is not right or some combination of settings is not right, but I as I said am not a he-person techie so I can't even begin to guess how to set things right or what the problem might be. Maybe someone can help?

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Dave