RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help with Installing Xenofex 2 or finding eqivalent GIMP plugins

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help with Installing Xenofex 2 or finding eqivalent GIMP plugins Mike Needham 19 Apr 18:14
  Help with Installing Xenofex 2 or finding eqivalent GIMP plugins Carol Spears 19 Apr 23:44
Mike Needham
2005-04-19 18:14:58 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hello:

I am a brand-new user to GIMP (version 2.2) and I am coming over from Photoshop CS (8) on the Macintosh Platform (MacOS X version 10.3.9 and soon enough 10.4)...

The main issue I am having switching over is that my plugin suite from AlienSkin (Xenofex 2) has a couple of plugins that I am VERY fond of, Rip Open being one of them. I so far, have had no success in finding a "native" plugin for GIMP.

Is it possible to install this suite on GIMP 2.2? If so I need some good directions. Otherwise, an equivalent plugin and where to get it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Carol Spears
2005-04-19 23:44:42 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 11:14:58AM -0500, Mike Needham wrote:

Hello:

I am a brand-new user to GIMP (version 2.2) and I am coming over from Photoshop CS (8) on the Macintosh Platform (MacOS X version 10.3.9 and soon enough 10.4)...

let me ask you this. what was the first version of photoshop that you used?

The main issue I am having switching over is that my plugin suite from AlienSkin (Xenofex 2) has a couple of plugins that I am VERY fond of, Rip Open being one of them. I so far, have had no success in finding a "native" plugin for GIMP.

can you provide an example of what this does? photoshop was available on linux for only a short time and none of the linux users liked it very much, so asking for specific photoshop things limits the sort of help you can get here.

Is it possible to install this suite on GIMP 2.2? If so I need some good directions. Otherwise, an equivalent plugin and where to get it would be appreciated.

my next question to you is what did you do before you had this suite of plug-ins?

carol