RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

smooth the image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

smooth the image lasercurrent 13 Dec 04:16
  smooth the image rich404 13 Dec 12:34
   smooth the image lasercurrent 13 Dec 21:22
2018-12-13 04:16:35 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

smooth the image

trying to make the spiral smooth.

I tried manipulating the selections many different ways and even made some paths but none helped make it smooth.

rich404
2018-12-13 12:34:22 UTC (over 5 years ago)

smooth the image

trying to make the spiral smooth.

I tried manipulating the selections many different ways and even made some paths but none helped make it smooth.

No easy way that I can think of.

Using the gmic_gimp plugin www.gmic.eu First a smooth(NL-Mean) then a Constrained Sharpen gave a sort of result, a bit too much 'fuzzy', which made a big 3 MB file. (even a xcf.gz was > 1 MB)

Using paths is the way to go.

Truthfully Gimp is not the best tool, use a vector application such as Inkscape. However not easy to get that exact spiral even in Inkscape, so a center line trace, then back into Gimp and stroked the path. That one not too large, so attached. The path is in the paths dialogue.

Guessing you originally used gfig - ancient plugin, should be retired.

2018-12-13 21:22:50 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

smooth the image

No easy way that I can think of.

Using the gmic_gimp plugin www.gmic.eu First a smooth(NL-Mean) then a Constrained Sharpen gave a sort of result, a bit too much 'fuzzy', which made a big 3 MB file. (even a xcf.gz was > 1 MB)

Using paths is the way to go.

Truthfully Gimp is not the best tool, use a vector application such as Inkscape. However not easy to get that exact spiral even in Inkscape, so a center line trace, then back into Gimp and stroked the path. That one not too large, so attached. The path is in the paths dialogue.

Guessing you originally used gfig - ancient plugin, should be retired.

Well done this is precisely what I was trying to do.

I tried using paths in gimp but I guess I needed to try center path from Inkscape which you did.

Greatly appriciated.