RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Completing the move of image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Completing the move of image cogreg 20 Nov 20:55
  Completing the move of image rich404 21 Nov 08:43
2018-11-20 20:55:25 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Hello. I hope you are in good health and good spirits. I am using GIMP 2.8.14 on a MacBook Pro that runs OS 10.14.1 ("Mojave"). I have selected a complex line image and have used the Move tool to move the image horizontally. The result is that I have a screen showing the original position of the line and also a sort of moving-dashes version of that line. The moving-dashes version of the line is in the correct new position that I want to line to be in.

How do I finish the move?

I will attach a screen shot of the situation as it is now.

Thank you.

rich404
2018-11-21 08:43:17 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hello. I hope you are in good health and good spirits. I am using GIMP 2.8.14 on a MacBook Pro that runs OS 10.14.1 ("Mojave").
I have selected a complex line image and have used the Move tool to move the image horizontally. The result is that I have a screen showing the original position of the line and also a sort of moving-dashes version of that line. The moving-dashes version of the line is in the correct new position that I want to line to be in.

How do I finish the move?

I will attach a screen shot of the situation as it is now.

Thank you.

How do you finish the move - try choosing another tool.

It reads to me that your work-flow might not be the best, although with Gimp there are always many ways for everything.

A suggestion, https://youtu.be/50Lw4LJvmis 1 min 20 secs. It is Gimp 2.10 but exactly the same in Gimp 2.8