RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches Anamacha 20 Nov 05:07
  gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches Anamacha 20 Nov 23:31
   gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches Anamacha 21 Nov 08:37
2018-11-20 05:07:32 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

earlier today, I downloaded GIMP 2.10.8 on my Windows10 machine.

Since I'm a Photoshop guy that can no longer afford PS, I installed some tweaks to make GIMP look and act more like PS. These tips are readily available with a google search, and I did nothing to the GIMP files other than what was directed.

The last thing I did was to install "layer-via-copy-cut.py", and that went fine.

I quit GIMP, and now it will no longer reopen. I don't even get the splash screen.

I try and start GIMP, I get the hourglass cursor for a few seconds, and I get dumped back into the shell. No errors, no diagnostic messages, no nothing.

I took out that last file and tried again, got the same behavior.

For what it's worth, this is not the first time I've seen this behavior on this computer. A different program, a UWP one named Focus10 also does it. I can usually just reboot the computer and I can execute the program again.

This does not happen with GIMP, however.

Can someone please advise me on how I can get GIMP running properly again? Thanks so much!

2018-11-20 23:31:07 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

I just tried again — I get the hourglass cursor for a little while, and GIMP never launches.

I put quite a bit of work into customizing GIMP, so it's not exactly ideal to uninstall and reinstall. But I don't know what else to do.

2018-11-21 08:37:07 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

okay, I uninstalled GIMP, then reinstalled it.

Now I'm getting an error message: C:\Program files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe

fatal error: unhandled exception

what now?