RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org Jurgen Schouten via gimp-user-list 13 Nov 11:20
  DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org Ofnuts 13 Nov 23:48
Jurgen Schouten via gimp-user-list
2018-11-13 11:20:15 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Both *gimp-2.10.8-setup-1.exe* and the earlier download *GIMP_v2.10.8.exe* have the same missing DLL's, according to the error messages from the installer:

*libtiff3.dll*

*liblqr-1-0.dll*

*libpng15-15.dll* *pcre3.dll*

Of course, I can not tell if the problem is that the DLL's are missing in the installer, or that they're actually present in the installer, but that there is an error in the install script in the installer, causing them not to be installed, or not correctly.

Also, for these exe's in the Windows installer, there are DLL error messages:

*resynthesizer.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in* *libstdc++-6.dll*
*resynthesizer-gui.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in* *libgcc_5_dw2-1.dll*
*gmic_gimp.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in* *libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll*

The *. . .* stands for a long string of unfamiliar code.

I downloaded and executed both the torrent file and the file posted on the GIMP.org website, to be sure.

Regards, Jurgen

Ofnuts
2018-11-13 23:48:09 UTC (over 5 years ago)

These are likely from plugins that you installed , Gimp 2.8, and were carried over from your Gimp 2.8 profile to your Gimp 2.10 one.

Remove the plugins from your profile and install versions built from Gimp 2.10.

On 11/13/18 12:20 PM, Jurgen Schouten via gimp-user-list wrote:

Both *gimp-2.10.8-setup-1.exe* and the earlier download *GIMP_v2.10.8.exe* have the same missing DLL's, according to the error messages from the installer:

*libtiff3.dll*

*liblqr-1-0.dll*

*libpng15-15.dll* *pcre3.dll*

Of course, I can not tell if the problem is that the DLL's are missing in the installer, or that they're actually present in the installer, but that there is an error in the install script in the installer, causing them not to be installed, or not correctly.

Also, for these exe's in the Windows installer, there are DLL error messages:

*resynthesizer.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in* *libstdc++-6.dll*
*resynthesizer-gui.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in* *libgcc_5_dw2-1.dll*
*gmic_gimp.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in* *libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll*

The *. . .* stands for a long string of unfamiliar code.

I downloaded and executed both the torrent file and the file posted on the GIMP.org website, to be sure.