RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bulky GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Bulky GIMP James Rushton 21 Oct 20:48
  Bulky GIMP starikarp--- via gimp-user-list 21 Oct 22:12
  Bulky GIMP Liam R E Quin 22 Oct 00:35
  Bulky GIMP Steve Kinney 22 Oct 18:00
James Rushton
2018-10-21 20:48:28 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Bulky GIMP

The PATHS tool Edit function simply will not work for me. Cant change PATH colors via Stroke. Cant EDIT the Lines. No matter what I do everything is Greyed out and inaccessible. I have re-installed GIMP many times in hopes of deleting all the settings with no luck. I am spending massive amounts of time having to redraw maps from scratch as a result. I have your latest release.

Amazing program but I have no interest in becoming a Programmer to use it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

starikarp--- via gimp-user-list
2018-10-21 22:12:12 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Bulky GIMP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:48:28 +0000 James Rushton wrote:

The PATHS tool Edit function simply will not work for me. Can’t change PATH colors via Stroke. Can’t EDIT the Lines. No matter what I do everything is Greyed out and inaccessible. I have re-installed GIMP many times in hopes of deleting all the settings with no luck. I am spending massive amounts of time having to redraw maps from scratch as a result. I have your latest release.

Sent from Mail for
Windows 10

On FreeBSD GIMP 10.6 the PATHS tool works without problem.

Liam R E Quin
2018-10-22 00:35:14 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Bulky GIMP

On Sun, 2018-10-21 at 20:48 +0000, James Rushton wrote:

The PATHS tool Edit function simply will not work for me. Can’t change PATH colors via Stroke.

GIMP is a bitmap editor; paths don't appear in the final image themselves, but are a tool for editing the image. You can convert a path to a selection and fill the selection with a colour to affect the pixels in the active layer.

i'm sorry you're frustrated.

For maps, I'd suggest using Inkscape rather than GIMP; there may also be map-editing software. Right now with GIMP once you have used a path to make a selection and paint the selected pixels you can't go back and change the path and have the pixels change underneath. You'd have to erase them, or delete the layer and make a new one, although you would still have the path itself. In Inkscape you coud simply edit the path.

Liam (slave ankh)

Liam Quin - web slave for https://www.fromoldbooks.org/
with fabulous vintage art and fascinating texts to read.
Click here to have the slave beaten.
Steve Kinney
2018-10-22 18:00:40 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Bulky GIMP

On 10/21/18 4:48 PM, James Rushton wrote:

The PATHS tool Edit function simply will not work for me. Cant change PATH colors via Stroke. Cant EDIT the Lines. No matter what I do everything is Greyed out and inaccessible. I have re-installed GIMP many times in hopes of deleting all the settings with no luck. I am spending massive amounts of time having to redraw maps from scratch as a result. I have your latest release.

Check here for details on how the Paths tool works:

https://tinyurl.com/ybdnjkzj

No programming is required, ever, but the GIMP is a complex tool that can do a very wide range of jobs so it does have a learning curve...

:o)